Data Insight Consultant
Day Rate: £350
Contract Duration: 12 Months
TEC Partners are working with a truly global name who are currently looing for an experienced Data Insight Consultant to join them on an initial 12-month contract. Do you come from a Business Intelligence/Data Engineering background, with experience in big data? Want to work as part of a hugely talented and diverse international team, working for a company that is known and respected around the world? Then this one could be for you!
You will be part of the company's Data Insights team, engaging in innovative digital business transformation projects enabling continuous success for their customers. You will work with the team, internal collaborators and external partners, to deliver the highest quality solutions. You'll deliver on high quality project engagements around Microsoft's SQL Server and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions in a variety of client environments.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and implementation of data warehousing solutions based on Microsoft SQL Server and related products (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, SQL Azure, PDW, APS).
- Performance assessments, optimizations and enhancements of deployed Data Warehouse solutions.
- Drive activities to deliver a Data Platform that provides expected business value to customers, and effectively bringing the project to full completion (envision, plan, develop, stabilize and deploy), with long term view on solutions supportability and operation.
- Act as a trusted Data Platform advisor to clients in engagements which could range from a short consulting assignment to a large implementation project.
- Continuously develop high expertise to remain a best in class advisor in SQL Server, Advanced Analytics, BI and Power BI technologies.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experience:
- Experience in projects involving database migration to SQL Server, developing with SQL Server, implementing Data Models, Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, reporting dashboards, Self-Service BI and Power BI, Big Data, Advanced Analytics.
- Experience in enhancing Data Warehouse solutions using multiple database technologies, large database solutions, on premises, cloud and hybrid implementations, database replication, performance and security tuning.
- Experience in project delivery methodologies, project management, reporting and executive communication with project stakeholders is a plus.
- Data Engineering and Big Data experience.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong, demonstrated consulting skills.
- Availability to travel is an integral part of this job.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and highly experienced team, and put your skills to use with a globally respected name. If you are from a Data Engineering/Business Intelligence background, with a good mix of the above skills/experience, and are considering your next move, then we want to hear from you!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.