We are looking for a high calibre individual who wants to apply their passion for mathematics and statistics in the role of a Business Analyst in a high growth industry. If you are a confident communicator, hold a degree in a mathematics or statistics discipline, love problem solving, enjoy analysing data using statistical methods and have the ability to work towards tight deadlines, this job is for you.
Reporting to the Business Insight Team Leader, your main role will be to undertake data analysis, statistical modelling and production of reports for customers from a wide variety of business sectors, therefore we require people with good communication and interpersonal skills. Being competent with Microsoft Office and collaboration tools such as Lync is desired. You will be based in Warrington and will occasionally have to travel to client sites.
Essential Skills and Experience:
As a minimum requirement we are seeking people who possess the following skills and hands on experience.
- Good VBA skills and proven experience of deploying VBA in Excel (essential).
- Must have a good working knowledge of at least one statistical program such as SAS, SPSS, PSPP, Minitab/Matlab, R and Python.
- Able to run Exploratory data analysis (EDA) on data using statistical methods
- Have some knowledge of database table relationships.
- Use of statistical programs forecasting, descriptive or predictive modelling: methods include Chaid/decision tree, cluster analysis, regression modelling.
- Utilising marketing systems such as FastStats, Viper or similar for statistical analysis and reporting.
- The development and implementation of statistical models in a production environment.
- Development of bespoke analytical, management and marketing reports based on client requirements.
- Providing statistical analysis training and user support for marketing databases
- Interpreting and presenting results and findings back to customers.
- Helping clients to manage their marketing activity more effectively.
- Confident communicator.
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and delivering on-time.
- Positive attitude and flexible mind-set.
- Educated to a high Degree standard in a statistics/mathematics discipline.
- An understanding of formal project controls and documentation.
- Ability to learn new technologies and platforms at need.
- The ability to take non- technical instructions and convert to technical brief and deliver.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Problem solving skills are essential alongside enthusiasm. As part of a dynamic team, this role will be diverse and engaging.
Please note that candidates should be comfortable with all of the above as you will be asked to demonstrate some or all of these requirements during the practical component of the interview.
Desirable Additional Skills and Experience:
Preference will be given to candidates who have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the following industry sectors, Charities, Catalogues, international mailers.
- Knowledge of working databases, table relationships.
- Basic skills in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Querying, aggregating and transforming data using T-SQL.
- Requirement Gathering - involved in scoping out and the delivery of workshops to support high profile business insight projects to produce (SOW).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job