Data & Insight Analyst
Manchester City Centre
To £35,000 + bonus & benefits
Based in the heart of Manchester, you will responsible for leading an initiative to research, evaluate and build relationships with organisations globally. The perfect candidate will not just be a skilled analyst, you’ll be someone that can bring new ways of thinking and innovative approaches to collecting or acquiring specific datasets that will be used as the foundation for future solutions.
As the new team develops, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into an adept influencer, a thought leader across the planning division and a leader in the Data & Insight Team.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong research skills and experience in delivering data insights, making recommendations and following them through
- Ability to prepare large datasets from multiple sources for analysis and use advanced statistical analysis techniques to evaluate the coverage and accuracy of the data.
- Ability to understand and manipulate data files - CSV, XML, KML etc.
- Strong excel skills (Pivot tables & look-ups)
- Experience with BI/Data visualisation tools to represent complex data sets in simplified, intuitive views
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present findings internally and articulate requirements to potential data partners
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience using GIS solutions such as MapInfo
- Ability to manipulate and create Raster & Vector files
- Experience in building business cases
- Understanding of databases - flat, relational, NoSQL
- SQL Experience
- Experience in, or understanding of the fuel or convenience retail sector
- Japanese language skills not necessary but would be highly desirable
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Microsoft Excel
- Strategic Insights