Data Governance & Quality Lead
We're Together, a mortgage and secured loan provider based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years, we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
Our team of over 750 colleagues turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers’ financial ambitions accessible. We try to approach everything we do with good old-fashioned common sense. But in many respects we’re a lot like a start-up: growing fast, and shaking up the status quo.
Together is a business that is never standing-still and provides an exciting place to work for someone who likes to deliver to a high-standard and is comfortable with change.
As part of our modernisation and transformation journey and our ambition to develop a data enabled business for the future, we are looking to recruit a Data Governance & Quality Lead to improve the management of data across the organisation through the introduction of an effective Data Governance Framework.
The successful individual will be responsible for the design and delivery of a Data Management Association (DAMA) aligned Data Governance framework commensurate with the scale, complexity and needs of the Together Group.
Please note that interviews will be conducted via Zoom or similar.
- Creation and management of a Data Governance framework for the Together group, aligned to DAMA principles.
- Establishing and maintaining Data Ownership & Stewardship and related forums operating at an appropriate level across the group.
- Defining and maintaining policies, standards and processes to operationalise Data Governance across the business.
- Creation and management of a Data Quality Management service for the Together group
- Oversight and reporting of risks caused as a result of ineffective management of data.
- Responsible for the delivery of the data governance change plan across the group, providing thought and change leadership to all levels of the organisation and challenging the status-quo.
- Represent Data & BI at key governance and change forums
- Work closely with data owners, users, and custodians to ensure the root cause of reported data issues are understood
- Establishing & maintaining Data Quality Scorecards to pro-actively monitor and report on data quality across the group
- Creation of a data catalogue to capture business and technical data definitions, data lineage and associated meta-data.
- Management of a small team of specialist analyst resources.
- Significant experience of developing and implementing a Data Governance Framework and a Data Quality Management service in a similar organisation.
- Significant knowledge of the (DAMA) framework, in-particular the development and application of Data Governance frameworks and Data Quality.
- Relevant technical knowledge spanning Data Governance and Data Quality tooling.
- Knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Definitions/Data Catalogue Management, DQ Issue Management, root cause analysis and reference data management.
- Experience of developing data profiling routines and data quality scorecards
- Excellent SQL & Data Literacy skills, able to work with less data literate customers to achieve required outcomes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Leadership skills, able to set an agenda and convince others to follow, a proven ability to influence people
- Self-directed learner and self-starter, able to work effectively without supervision/direction.
- Significant demonstrable Data Governance /Data Quality Management experience.
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management practices within a regulated industry
- Prior experience within a financial services environment with experience with the UK mortgage market particularly useful
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Member of relevant industry bodies.
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 45 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'