Our client is an award-winning leading provider of time-critical logistics solutions, where speed and flexibility come as standard. As a strategic partner for clients, the company’s mission is to provide expedited logistics solutions on behalf of major global manufacturers and their suppliers - often in emergency and crisis scenarios. Their logistics staff truly are experts in their field; tailoring to the needs of each client. Their reaction time to customer orders is among the quickest in the industry, in under 15 minutes.
With teams operating from several strategically-located offices across Europe; these logistics specialists are constantly under pressure. Utilising a global network of strategically located partner companies, they plan routes and co-load shipments to provide the most rapid, cost-efficient and reliable solutions, whilst minimising the company’s carbon footprint. The combination of their experience and state-of-the-art technology means 99.6% of their deliveries are completed on-time.
Their logistics teams provide this operational support to its clients regularly, with the ability to organise anything, anywhere – in the most extreme conditions. It is their dedication to beating deadlines and exceeding expectations that has made the company the expedited logistics provider of choice.
Position: Data Entry Clerk
Location: Dover, Kent
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday on a 9 hour rotational shift between 7.00am and 7.30pm
About the role:
As the Data Entry Clerk, you will assist the logistics teams with the daily data entry of consignments onto the transportation management system (TMS).
- Accurately entering job details into their TMS
- Emailing carrier contracts
- Liaising with team members to ensure understanding of business requirements
- Liaising with team members to ensure all details are complete
- Booking cross channel services
- Training new recruits in the data entry process
- Communicating with other departments via telephone, email or in person
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Previous data entry related work is desirable
- Understanding of cloud-based systems
- Customer focussed
- Excellent telephone manner
2nd language advantageous
You may have experience of the following: Data Entry Clerk, Excel, Administration, Data Entry, Administrator, Word, Databases, Project Support, Data Analysis etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job