Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Data Entry Clerks – Fixed Term Contract to Dec 2017
Based in our marketing offices in Northampton and part of the exciting new digital platform this role is to ensure that all product data, copy and assets required for the internal and customer facing websites and other digital projects are captured accurately. You will be putting the information directly into the relevant system or in spreadsheets ready for migration all digital channels.
To succeed in this role it is essential that you are experienced in fast, accurate data entry with acute attention to detail you must also be a true team player. For those invited to interview you will be asked to complete a simple Data Entry/Excel exercise as part of the interview process.
Responsibilities in brief
- Key entering data quickly and accurately.
- Prepare source data, assets and copy for entry into product information management (STEP) and content management (Sitecore) systems
- Compile and sort information
- Establish entry priorities
- Where necessary, manage data in spreadsheets. Manipulation and navigation of these spreadsheets using search and filtering functionality.
- Extract product data from sources including printed material, intranet, website and technical product documents.
- Create product / asset references.
- Accurate checking of product data. Being able to identify and mange inconsistencies, duplication, and errors.
- Update and maintain data.
- Communication with the Product and Marketing teams to ensure the correct data is being collected and represented for each product.
- Checking the data in STEP / Sitecore including the accuracy of the product data, assets, copy and its references to other products, images, documents and workflows.
- Support the Programme team as and when required.
- Excellent data entry skills with an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel with excellent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willing to or experience of working in a fast paced environment that can be high pressured
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Team player with a flexible attitude
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 24 days holiday pro-rata
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Modern offices with free parking and refreshments