Purpose of role:
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to support the delivery of multiple data projects for our diverse client base. This role will involve hands-on data engineering with appropriate testing. The Data Engineer is a key part of the development team and will work with Senior Data Engineers and Project Managers, Clients Services to ensure that projects are accurately scoped and delivered.
- Supporting the project delivery process by providing timely updates to Project Managers and Account Managers on the progress of all projects under your supervision
- Ensuring the delivery of all projects to the time estimates given
- Hands on development by developing and maintaining ETL\ELT processes
- Responsibility for BAU work commitments
- Be the first point of escalation for supporting BAU projects.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- Collaborating and deploying innovative technology solution
- Responsibility for ensuring own projects are running to time and escalates where there are potential issues
- Working with the senior technology team to ensure that the right technology is being used with the right resource allocated to the project
- Establishing and maintaining crucial relationships with day-to-day clients including marketing and technology departments through email, telephone and face-to-face meetings and briefings
- Reporting to Senior Data Engineer providing updates about work in progress and escalating any delivery issues
- Engaging with colleagues from other departments as appropriate to deliver projects
- Attending weekly client meetings for projects as and when required
We are looking for someone with the following knowldge and skills:
- 2+ years demonstrable commercial experience developing a number of high-value projects in data provision
- Skilled in data development, with experience in SQL Server and or AWS using Redshift
- Exposure to reporting capability in SQL Server
- SSRS, SSAS and SSIS experience
- Exposure to cloud based technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- High standards of professionalism with strong (and clear) written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of using data warehouses
- Has worked in a technology environment
- Experience developing marketing databases
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'