An Data Engineer is needed for a well-known Media / Tech company based in London. You will support the on-going cloud migration project moving to AWS and its core stack.
Key for this role is that you have hands on knowledge of AWS, Redshift and Python. They use Luigi for building data pipelines all coded in Python.
This role sits in a brand new team which they are looking to hire 4 Data Engineers due to the size of the new Cloud AWS platform they are building. The company will soon become a UK household name given a new video streaming service they are releasing.
As part of the role you will oversee the accessibility and quality of data across multiple sources and platforms to the wider business and service delivery partners. This data includes service usage information, customer personal data and service performance data. It is essential that you have a solid understanding of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
If you are interested in a Lead Data Engineer, Managerial or AWS Data Architect level role, please apply to discuss these positions as well!
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Experience using AWS and its related tools
- To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift) and key-value stores (e.g. Redis)
- Professional experience with Python
- Big data serverless technologies (Glue, Athena, Spectrum)
- Map-Reduce, Data Lakes (S3, HDFS…)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, Grafana…)
- CI/CD (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform…)
- Previous experience working with a Workflow management tool (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi...)
Desired, nice to have skills:
- Data streaming experience (kinesis, Kafka…)
- Visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau…)
Role: Data Engineer
Salary: £60k - £75k (can be flexible)
If you are interested in this Data Engineer / Cloud Engineer position please do not hesitate to apply for further details.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser:
- Amazon Web Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'