My client has some exciting opportunities for recent graduates to join their Research & Development teams, based in either Reading, or Egham. The position is an entry-level management role with opportunity to use your technical skills as your learn on the job and progress.
A Data Engineer in the R&D department plays an important role to leverage data for irresistible superior product and package design and experience. The Data engineer identifies data sources, creates effective data processing pipelines, and partners with multiple functional teams to enable insight generation from data.
- Define conceptual/logical data model and data architecture and strategy to meet agreed to business requirements of high resolution images.
- Partner with IT to define data storage solution and access of high resolution images. Scope includes acquiring, cleaning, formatting and structuring data to enable data analysis.
- Define the business work process to ensure data standards are met and ensure ongoing data quality, security and governance.
- Ensure analytic needs are understood and met by working closely with Data Scientist and R&D business partner on analytic and project needs, as well as problem to be solved.
Technical skills required:
- Database and Programming proficiency (demonstrated real world skills) with databases (relational, graph, NoSQL, MongoDB), data modelling, and relevant programming tools such as SQL, Python, SPARK
- Image handling and querying expertise with imaging pipeline related skills e.g. experience with OpenCV, FFMPEG; experience with Docker and micro-services
- Working with Big Data technologies including Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS, Azure, Google) and Database technology (Hadoop, MS SQL Server)
- Graduate degree (Bachelor's or Masters) in area of Computer Sciences/ Engineering.
- Experience with and staying current on modern data science tools e.g. Jupyter and software engineering practices e.g. Git, GitHub; Issue, Change and Requirements Management (Jira) and monitoring solutions (Zabbix, Cloudwatch)
- Understand proper data handling and security requirements based on latest company policy and local legal/regulatory requirements e.g. security classification, PII with proven experience delivering and securing high quality data.
- Strong Leadership and partnership skills. - Can operate and influence with sufficient independence to provide technical direction to project team, can partner with multiple functions effectively.
- Strong hands on and problem-solving skills, and agility to manage multiple tasks.
- Software Engineering
- Data Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job