New opportunity not to be missed! Innovative Technology has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, we offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
At Innovative Technology, we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in our state-of-the-art head office.
At Innovative Technology, we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a strategic and forward-thinking Data Architect / Data Engineer. This is a pivotal role in a key business area, which will help shape and develop the way in which Innovative Technology collates and utilises data from our devices across the globe.
The successful applicant will liaise with key stakeholders including Data Scientists, Software Developers, Sales and Customer Support, to ensure we have the right resources allocated to specific internal and external requirements, whilst implementing new processes and procedures to keep our cash validator accuracy at the forefront of industry standards.
This role would ideally suit a proven Data Architect / Data Engineer from a complex, data-driven environment, who is looking to utilise and develop their skills further in a global, market leading company. The autonomy and influence this opportunity will offer will ensure this remains a unique, varied and multifaceted role.
- Devise and implement best practice to create an efficient and effective process for the generation of high quality and accurate currency classifiers for ITL products
- Collaborate with the Data Scientists to ensure our products continue to have market leading accuracy, through the utilisation of leading-edge mathematical techniques
- Support and update a robust toolkit of software to efficiently process and create classifiers, and generate diagnostics for in the field problem solving
- Be a key figure in the relationship between Data Science, Software and IT Systems (DevOps), to ensure technical customer issues are dealt with efficiently
- Work closely with various other departments to further develop strategies and simulations of commercially available counterfeiting techniques
- Supporting continuous improvement of all functionality, with departmental physical tests and data collection
Your Skills & Experience
- Experience of database management, Linux and Python is essential, with C or C++ being desirable
- Proven skills in a busy, ever-changing data-driven environment, as either as a Data Engineer, Data Architect, Software Developer, Systems Architect, Data Analyst, Data Scientist or similar
- Highly-analytical, with the ability to multitask and prioritise, to achieve long and short-term objectives
- A proactive people person, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An analytical and systematic approach to problem solving essential
- Experience with multivariate statistics, computational science, machine learning or data mining
Your Package & Perks
- £Highly-competitive and negotiable salary, depending on experience
- Flexible working hours, between 7am-7pm (7am-4pm on Fridays)
- Option to finish at midday on Fridays
- Standard 32 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Earn up to an extra 13 days holiday per annum
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Educational Sponsorships available, to gain additional qualifications at no cost to you
- Private Healthcare Scheme available, with the option to add family members
- Two paid breaks per day, with free premium hot drinks, fruit and pool table
- Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Working from home available, based on individual and team circumstances
- Informal dress code throughout the working week
- Free onsite secure parking, modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you’re an experienced Data Engineer looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, we want to hear from you!
Data Engineer / Data Architect / Software Developer / Systems Architect / Data Analyst / Data Scientist / IT / Oldham / Manchester / Linxus / Python
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job