Data Engineer - AWS, Vertica, Talend, SQL, S3, Python
Up to £65,000
A household name eCommerce Company are looking for a Data Engineer to join a team of 10 to build a data advanced analytics platform for Data Science. The role is a mix of building data pipelines, data modelling, incorporating new tech into their platform, and responding to ad hoc data requests from their advanced data science team. The team are currently using Vertica, Talend, SQL, S3 and Python (amongst other technologies), and are looking start incorporating more including Spark. This is a great opportunity to join an established team and help them expand their data platform, whilst learning from a number of different experienced professionals in a collaborative environment.
The eCommerce Company are in the FTSE 250 and are a genuine market leader in their space. They lead the way in the UK with their Data Science and marketing analytics, and need a cutting-edge data platform in order to facilitate that. The Data Engineering team operate in an outgoing and highly collaborative environment, with a high priority on a good work life balance and an enjoyable working environment. They are also incorporating new tech into their platform all the time, so on top of AWS, Vertica, Talend, S3 and SQL, they are looking to use tools such as Kafka and Spark to allow for real-time analytics.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Data Engineer - AWS, S3, Vertica, Talend, Python
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Delivering highly performant data products in an Agile environment, using AWS, S3, Vertica, Talend, Spark amongst other technology.
- Develop ETL pipelines using Talend and Spark
- Contribute to architectural decisions to ensure solutions are effective long-term
- Automate processes as much as possible
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Data Scientists to ensure that the data is available for impactful insights
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this Data Engineer role, you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, any flavour
- Good knowledge of Databases, ideally a mix of SQL and NoSQL
- Experience working in a cloud based environment, AWS, GCP and Azure are all fine
- Ideally, any of: experience working in a marketing environment, Python, Spark, CRM systems, SAS, Analytics Databases
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, do so via this site. For more information on this role or other data engineering roles, get in touch with Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: SQL, Data Engineer, AWS, Talend, Vertica, SAS, Python, Spark
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job