Data Engineer - Python, R, AWS, SQL
£50,000 to £80,000
A business doing ground-breaking and confidential work in their sector are looking for Data Engineers to prepare data for avanced Data Science as well as productionising data science solutions on AWS. The team use a wide range of advanced techniques including Deep Learning for NLP and Image recognition and web scraping to access large and messy data sources to give them an advantage over their competitors. Their Data Science team are some of the best professionals on the market and the Head of Analytics reports directly to the owners. The aim is to grow an equivalent team of 6 Data Engineers to partner with the Data Scientists to improve the quality and efficiency of their solutions.
If you want to join a team doing genuine pioneering work in analytics and their industry sector, this coule be the role for you.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Work with Data Scientists to put their code into production using Python, R, and a range of AWS technologies
- Access multiple data sources including web, image, and others
- In the long term, contribute to building a big data platform.
- Promote strong coding practice in an Agile environment
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for the Data Engineering role, you will need:
- Strong Python and R programming skills, with an open mind to using other languages
- Excellent knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Ideally knowledge of AWS
- An interest in the most advanced data science techniques on the market, e.g. Deep Learning, image recognition, NLP, Web Scraping
- Strong academic background
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this Data Engineering role, please do so via this site. For more information, reach out to Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: Python, R, AWS, SQL, Deep Learning, NLP, Data Science, Data Engineering