Data Engineer - Sports Media
Up to £65000
West Central London
Tech Environment: Spark, Python, AWS, Data Streaming
An international Sports Media Company in Central London are looking for a Data Engineer to drive the development and of their AWS and Spark based Data Platform, coding in Python. The platform has been in production for a couple of years and they are now looking to successfully incorporate streaming technologies to handle their uniquely aggressive spikes in usage at large scale due to the nature of their product. Your role will be to lead the tool selection and design to make this happen, whilst managing a small team of 3 and remaining hands-on.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in London, who have ambition to be an international household name in sport within the near future.
The Sports Media Company have a unique product set to disrupt the industry internationally and are backed by investors famous for growing companies of their type. They are experiencing hyper growth and their technical team has doubled in size over the past year and is expecting similar growth again. They have a flat and open culture and have attracted some of the best professionals in their industry due to the nature of their work.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Data Engineer - Spark, AWS, Python, Redshift
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Develop an AWS based Data Streaming Solution for Data Science and analytics
- Tackling massive scalability and spiking challenges
- Manage a small team in the development of the platform using Python amongst other tech
- Drive quality code using Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Hands-on Development using Python
- Working with Data Scientists to make sure they have the data they need for advanced analytics. Machine Learning, etc.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this role, you will need:
- Strong experinece developing a data platform for data science
- Experience dealing with high volumes of data
- Excellent programming experience, ideally in Python but Spark and Scala candidates will be considered
- A passion for quality code and Agile programming principles
- The opportunity to work with one of the best funded, fastest growing, and interesting tech companies in London
- The opportunity to work on a massive scale, with uniquely spikey data
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this Lead Data Engineer role, please do so via this site. For more information contact Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: Spark, Hadoop, Big Data, Lead Data Engineer, Harnham, AWS