Big DataEngineer - Spark, Scala / Java, AWS, Cloudera, Kafka
£50,000 to £85,000 + up to 15% pension contribution and an expected 15% bonus (Could be higher)
A rapidly growing FS business are looking for the final Data Engineer to join the team in building their Big Data Platform from PoC through to production, using Spark, Scala, AWS, Cloudera and Kafka. The platform will initially be used by Data Scientists for advanced analytics projects, with a view to make the solution accessible enterprise wide. This is a great opportunity for you to deal with no legacy code and own the solution from end to end. They are using Scala, however they can consider candidates with Java backgrounds.
The business has grown from 70 to over 1000 in the last 8 years, and operates a flat, technology driven structure. They highly value empowering their employees with decision making and autonomy, and you will have the chance to make your mark on the platform. They operate in a smart casual environment, and have the feel of a tech business rather than a process driven and formal FS company.
As Data Engineer you will:
- Build and develop a Big Data technology stack from the POC stage through to production using Spark and Scala, in an AWS environment.
- Build data pipelines in Kafka to allow for data streaming
- impact existing architecture, incorporating new features into the platform.
- Work in a highly Agile manner with regular Sprints, Continuous Integration, etc.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong programming skills with Scala or Java
- Experience using Big Data technology such as Hadoop and Spark in production environments.
- Knowledge of Linux processing system.
- A brilliant opportunity to take a POC through to production, and gain exposure to the challenging environment this brings about.
- The chance to be innovative and creative with a new technology stack, and have hands-on responsibility into the development of this platform.
- Salary up to £85,000, plus an excellent bonus and benefit package worth around 30% of the basic salary
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page. For more information about this role, or other Big Data Engineering positions, please reach out to Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Big Data, AWS, Data Engineer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job