Big DataEngineer | London | Internet of Things
- Scala OR Python | Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, AWS
- £40,000 to £68,000 plus bonus & a strong benefits package
The biggest disruptor to the energy/utilities industry in years, who are building a first-of-its-kind Data Science product, applying Machine Learning to smart meter & IoT devices in order to generate complex insight into consumers and market trends.
You'll join a cross-functional Big Data & Data Science team renowned for being one of the best in the industry, giving you exposure to a variety of new techniques, including functional Scala programming, Machine Learning and real-time data streaming.
Most of the industry's biggest companies are already queuing up for the product, meaning your role will be very delivery focused and you'll have the opportunity to have a massive commercial impact.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
As Big DataEngineer, you'll have a broad role & working in either Python or Scala for:
- Data Engineering - the development of a petabyte scale Big Data platform and data pipelines/ETL, primarily using Spark, Cassandra and Kafka, programming in either Scala or Python
- Back-end Software Development - building the back end of the Data Science product
- Data Science support - the productionisation of Machine Learning algorithms, refactoring of code etc.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- Excellent programming skills with either Scala or Python (functional programming being a big plus) and associated libraries, e.g. Cats, Shapeless, Pandas, Numpy
- A background developing large scale, production level Big Data platforms, including e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- Knowledge of how to build highly scalable, highly tolerable software
- A willingness to take on a range of ad-hoc projects and work with new tech
- Ideally experience with Data Science Solutions.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- An awesome opportunity to join one of the best teams in the industry and build highly complex software, unrivalled by any other competitor
- The chance to innovate and gain exposure to a massive scale Big Data platform & production level Machine Learning
- £40,000 to £68,000 plus bonus & an excellent benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that this is the one for you, click the apply link on this page - if not, but you're interested in other Big Data positions, please get in touch with Ross Whatling at Harnham, as the Big Data market has never been busier!
Big DataEngineer, Big Data Developer, Hadoop Engineer, Scala Developer, Scala Engineer, Python Developer, Python Engineer, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, London