The DNA of Instant is as a digital business and data is at the heart of many things we do. The candidate for this hands-on development role will enjoy and have experience of liaising with all levels of the business; capturing requirements, undertaking backend development activities (data warehouse, data analysis & database development), front end activities (creation of BI reports and visualisations). Analyse and interpret data together with help influencing the correct data governance.
Reporting into the CTO this varied role is strategically key to Instant's continued growth. You will be involved with helping develop and mature the strategy to use data and insight to commercially grow the business. There are plans to expand this area so a person who is both hands on and has experience or willingness to lead a small team is key as we build out this function over time.
Your time will be split focussing on various project work (e.g. Azure data warehouse, SSIS ETL) supporting existing reports, delivering new reports over existing live applications. Hands on expert knowledge of the following is essential; the Microsoft BI, Azure (data factory, SQL, data lake), Power BI (DAX), SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) and advanced Excel.Key responsibilities
The candidate for this hands-on role will enjoy and have experience of liaising with all levels of the business; capturing requirements, undertaking backend activities (database analysis, database development), front end activities (creation of BI reports and visualisations), monitoring data standards and ensuring correct data governance.
- The highest proportion of daily activities will involve creating reports, visualisation or providing data sets for the business and or external clients.
- Develop Power BI reports and dashboards. Including but not limited to capturing, documenting new requirements, creation of proof of concepts, development, system testing and training
- Advancing the data warehouse, updating the design, capture and ETL (SSIS) processes
- Own the backlog for this area and help define the technical data tools and report priorities.
- Over time manage a small team of similar type resources as the discipline grows
- Develop new data tools and services based on business requirements and priorities
- Liaising with suppliers where needed
- Researching market reports and tools
- To oversee and provide quality control of any 3rd parties or other internal resources involved in the creation of BI reports and dashboards to ensure standards are maintained, requirements are met, and the changes are effectively delivered
- Contribute to the company's data governance (e.g. geographical standards) and standards across all Instant systems, providing data quality audit and reports where needed.
- Be the go-to Power BI report creation specialist for any internal super users with Power BI queries
- Help Instant advance its data tools and capabilities over existing or new systems.
- Technical specialist with a degree in computing science or equivalent
- MCSA or equivalent in Power BI, SQL, Azure is desirable
- Hands on expert knowledge of Power BI (inc. DAX), Azure (data factory, SQL, data lake), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and advanced Excel
- Business analysis, accurate requirements capture and workshop facilitation
- Knowledge of data standards and best practices
- Creation of training documentation
- Demonstrable experience of working with and Managing 3rd party suppliers
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong analytical approach
- Strong data interrogation and analysis skills through use of tools such as SQL, R & Python
- Expert Excel user
- Strong communicator - Effective user liaison to all levels of seniority, effective at building relationships
- Calm but positive and responsive under pressure
- Flexible self-starter
- Highly organized
- Positive feedback from internal & external customers
- Successful delivery of new BI reports, data warehouse advancement
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer / and or Head of Data Development
- Liaison with all levels within the business including CEO, CFO & MDs
- Liaison with existing and new clients when needed
- Power BI and SQL
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'