To oversee, advise on and control the FSB’s approach to information governance. This role will involve all aspects of data compliance including; safeguarding FSB’s critical data assets and protecting FSB stakeholder privacy, in line with advice from the data commissioner.
As experts in business, we offer our members a wide range of vital business services, including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government. Our aim is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established over 40 years ago to help our members succeed in business, we are a non-profit making organisation that’s run by members, for members. FSB is the UK’s leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Monitor and develop information management policies and procedures in line with prevailing advice and guidance from the Information Commissioners office and ensure effective communication to all internal stakeholders
- Manage and advise on key information and privacy risks
- Establish and maintain a register of data owners and ensure these data owners are fully aware of, and trained to manage their data responsibilities i.e. by mapping the what, how, who etc
- Conduct regular data audits throughout FSB and report on outcomes to the Board of Directors
- Maintain a log of data breaches and near misses and report these to the board of Directors on a regular basis
- To act as an expert source of advice to all staff and national officers of FSB on all aspects of data protection and privacy in relation to both legal requirements and best practice
- Undertake regular mapping and audits of data protection and privacy throughout FSB and conduct risk assessments including data protection impact assessments as required
- Draft, negotiate and agree the wording of data sharing agreements and contractual clauses relating to data protection and privacy
- Ensure staff, members and officers of FSB are aware of the data protection and privacy policies and procedures and deliver information and training, in person, as required
- Manage subject access requests from end to end, liaising with staff from across the business as required
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to work in the UK
The policy of FSB is that all job applicants and employees shall be given equal opportunities in all the areas of employment. This means that job applicants and employees will not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, colour, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or disability. Neither will they be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be relevant to the job
Applicants are advised to apply early, we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.
- Data Protection Manager
- Data Governance
- Personal Data Protection