Data Centre Technician - Various Shifts
The DC Operations Technician owns the responsibility of all IT Infrastructure including customer configurations, ensuring all customer server environments are secure within the datacentre and making sure we stay operational and maintain 99.999% uptime…all with Fanatical Support® in mind!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work for an award-winning Managed Services provider. Rackspace provides a vibrant environment, each team member is highly valued and challenged to be the best they can be! We’re looking for people who are solutions driven, meticulous in their processes and above all have passion for all things IT.
- Utilize custom monitoring software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on x86-based servers to include the replacement of failed hardware components
- Troubleshoot simple operating system storage issues including file system, disk management and RAID technologies
- Support servers running Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server
- Simple operating systems administration to include troubleshooting of login, password and connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot simple local area network (LAN) connectivity issues and reestablish remote access to customer configurations utilizing SSH, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services or Remote Access Controllers
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays
- Complete customer configuration maintenances including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of the devices within cabinets and completion of all cabling needs required
- Troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling including initial installation testing as well as connectivity issues with previously deployed copper or fiber cabling
- Provide technical communication relating to customer configurations in a concise, professional manner
- Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety and local governing requirements as directed
- Execute and maintain meticulous 5S and housekeeping practices
- Demonstrate no less than full performance in a continuous, consistent, measurable manner
- Demonstrate high levels of passion and enthusiasm when providing Fanatical Support to all customers and coworkers
- Communicate in an honest, transparent manner focused on building trust amongst customers and coworkers
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent; further education in a technical vocation advantageous
- Previous experience or ability to show familiarity with building, repairing or upgrading hardware components required
- Previous experience in a customer service-oriented position preferred
- Experience with enterprise level servers, storage and networking equipment preferred
- Industry recognized certifications in operating systems, networking, security and/or storage technologies preferred
- Data Center
- Remote Access
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'