Data Centre Manager
SC Cleared and Single UK national
About the role
Capita IT Services based in Cumbria have an exciting new role for a Data Centre Manager. This role is to own and manage all Data centre activity, together with managing a small established team. We are about to Update and refresh the Data Centre, so the new Data Centre Manager will play a vital part in this work, ensuring the Data Centre meets current and future needs for the next 20 years
For this role all candidates MUST hold current SC Clearance and be single UK National only.
About Capita | End User Services
Capita IT Services is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
What you will do:
- Owner for all Data Centre processes
- Primary point of contact for all technical towers and other stakeholders
- Conducting audits of installations for compliance to standards and policies
- Maintaining accurate records, including all infrastructure and topology within the Data Centre environments
- Line Management of one Data Centre Engineer
- Assist technical towers with installation and commissioning of physical hardware as required
- Decommissioning of hardware and related infrastructure within the Data Centre environments
- Maintenance of Security processes including access control for the Data Centre environments
Your experience will include:
- Previous Data Centre management essential
- ITIL Certified
- Line Management skills
- Commissioning and decommissioning of IT Infrastructure
- Excellent client facing stakeholder Management
- SC Clearance and single UK National
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=LA141FD&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=LA141FD&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Data Centre