Data Centre Consultant
PTS is looking for a Senior IT Consultant/Technical Project Manager with solid Data Center Services experience. The individual will need to demonstrate experience of delivering Data Center projects/server migrations/deployments and have a solid understanding of market and industry trends. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate in a manner and language that places the client at ease.
The individual should have experience and knowledge of Data Center environments as well as Enterprise IT infrastructure and services such as compute (O/S, Applications, infrastructure (Blades, UCS), networking, storage (SAN, NAS, backup, archiving), data cabling, power provision, monitoring and management, process and controls.
This role may require some International travel to support Sales and the delivery of key assignment tasks.
- Providing the delivery of Data Center projects to PTS Clients
- IT infrastructure delivery and support within a corporate environment
- Leading a team of Consultants to deliver an Assignment on time and to budget
- Support Sales and Pre Sales activities to identify areas where PTS can assist clients
- Identification of consultancy opportunities and development of client based service proposals
- Assist in the development of a Fee and Resource schedule within PTS guidelines
- Identify new opportunities for PTS within the marketplace
- Develop and maintain Vendor and Supplier relationships
- Demonstrate and continue to provide Data Center and IT Subject Matter Expertise
- Promote self and PTS as industry leaders in the marketplace through written articles in industry trade press, presentations at industry conferences, development of seminars, working with vendors and complimentary suppliers
- Maintain and develop relationships with market leading suppliers and vendors
- Work with peer consultants within PTS to deliver client focused assignments
- Experience in delivering Data Center projects, server migrations or deployments.
- Experience of working in an IT Operations service delivery environment for a Corporate or Service Provider organisation, and/or, the delivery of a similar role as a Senior/Principle technical project manager.
- Able to convey a sound understanding of the different levels of services delivered within the marketplace
- Industry based training in a Service Management framework (ITIL/CoBit)
- Data Center Design and Management certifications or qualifications (CDCDP)
- Sound management experience of managing Teams in the delivery of IT Services
- Ability to communicate the lifecycle of an IT Service
- Project Management qualification i.e. Prince2/PMP)
- Expertise across multiple industry sectors (Public and Private)
- Able to confidently present prospective solutions to clients
- Able to Present effectively, convey the message and capture and maintain the audience’s attention
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure technology - Compute (servers, blades, UCS, O/S, application delivery), Storage (SAN, NAS, Archiving, Backup, replication), Networking, Data Cabling.
- Good understanding of Industry trends I.e. Virtualisation, Big Data and, CLOUD Services as well as the move in Data Centers i.e. Modular Build Facilities, Colocation and Energy Efficiency Facilities
A good understanding of Data Center IT Infrastructure principles I.e. Cabinet and Cabling systems, Management Systems (BMS, EMS, KVM, ILO, power delivery, monitoring and management, environmentals)
Sound Understanding of Industry Standards and Frameworks (TIA-942, Uptime Institute, ITIL, ISO-27001, ISO 14001)
Strong understanding of Operational Best Practices for the delivery of Data Center Operations
Demonstrate a sound understanding of Data Center physical builds (UPS, Generators, CRACs, Chillers)
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.
- Project Management
- Data Center
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'