We have an opening for a Data Architect to join our client a global IT Solutions provider based in Cambridge.
- Responsible for the data architecture across the Enterprise.
- Provide support and guidance to Solutions Architects and Projects.
- Consultant to Solutions Architects, Technology Area Leads and ITLT for Data architecture
- Understand macro treads that could affect Data architecture and impact the Global IT Strategy, priorities or plan.
- Govern and coordinate Data Solution architecture across Global IT
- Responsible for understanding enterprise IT services and their strategic development in line with the business strategy and needs.
- Apply a structure architecture approach and methodology to designing the way Data will be used as part of the IT Services, capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Develop and implement under the guidance of the Head of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk common standards and methods for designing, integrating and aggregating Data architecture.
- Support and facilitate reference architectures, roadmaps and the transition from the current architecture to target future state architecture.
- Stay in contact with key vendors to scan their respective roadmaps for relevant developments for the business.
- Identify and mandate standards and frameworks for the Data used in Global IT.
- Guides and informs the overall business decision making around Data.
- Builds excellent working relationships with the Solution Architects and ITLT.
- Key member of the Service Portfolio Management Process; including the Service Portfolio and Service Catalogue.
- Creation and management of Data architecture and standards.
- Help build strategies for the development of the current IT Services that ensure cost efficiency and operational effectiveness in line with the overall business strategy.
- To be aware of data residency landscape and understand changes to the changing political landscape with regards to data privacy.
- Represent Data architecture to the IT Leadership Team and inform and influence strategic decision marking accordingly.
- Key advisor to the CTO.
- The successful candidate ideally holds a Master’s or University degree in Information Technology or in a related field.
- Demonstrate previous technical capability with industry recognised qualifications.
- Varied IT related background is desirable, showing experience working with Data in the Enterprise including Information Governance, Master Data Management and Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- COBIT and TOGAFF qualified.
- Demonstrate clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade.
- Able to Influence IT Strategy and Technology Area Lead roadmaps.
- Ability to apply a wide range of data, process expertise and management principles.
- Accountable for your own actions and those of subordinates.
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Current Passport and driving licence.
What our client offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme
- Rewards and Recognition Awards
- Private Health Cover
- Life Assurance Cover
- Subsidised restaurant
- Sports & Social Club Membership
- Corporate Gym Membership Rates
- Free Car Parking
- Data Management
- Information Architecture