Position type: 6 months contract, full time
Salary: £ 500-600/day (DOE)
Start date: ASAP
A well-known, multinational consultancy company is currently looking for an experienced Data Architect to join their teams in Manchester or Leeds.
The company is currently implementing a number of large cloud-based enterprise systems to transform how we work. Having data which is governed, trusted, of good quality and well-managed is crucial to the success of these systems. In response to this, the UK firm has recently established a new Data Governance function which is responsible for the management and governance of data across the UK.
The DG team are looking for an experienced data architect, who can help us drive our approach to data for the future.
You will be responsible for strategic decision making across a number of key data domains including people, finance, sales & marketing and risk & independence for the UK territory. You will work closely with other enterprise and solution architects to ensure alignment across systems both within the UK territory and globally. The role will also be responsible for ensuring standards and governance around the firm's data storage, integration, management and consumption both now and in the future.
As well as being a key figure in the Data Governance team, you will also have a dotted line into the UK Data Intelligence team responsible for the company’s internal data analytics and will also have input into defining the target technical architecture for data, integration and analytics.
- Developing and promoting the Enterprise Data Architecture strategy
- Drive cross-system standardisation of data in the UK
- Developing a data quality issues management framework and being accountable for data quality across key domains
- Working closely with business analysts, solution architects and key senior stakeholders to understand the impact of changes made to systems and processes and provide advice to project teams accordingly
- Review and approve roadmaps and release schedules for major system developments
- Supporting the DI team in defining the target technical architecture for data, integration and analytics in the UK firm
- Providing guidance to IT Leadership team to maximise the value of data across the organisation.
- Representing the UK firm in global alignment of data processes, master data, reference data and controlled vocabularies
Key skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in defining conceptual, logical and physical architecture, understanding a broad range of data design patterns
- 5+ years of experience in performing data and business analysis
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional leadership skills and an ability to influence senior stakeholders who might not have a deep technical understanding.
- Ability to balance business and technical requirements against commercial benefits
- A background in hands-on data development (working with both relational and multidimensional data sources)
- A deep understanding of metadata architecture and Master Data Management
- Knowledge of Cloud data technologies across a broad spectrum (Master Data, Data Quality, Data Issues Management)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job