Initial 3 Months
Key Purpose of Role
The Data Architect is responsible for monitoring the creation data designs and solutions that meet their standards and governance procedures. This includes both structured and unstructured data. Data Architects play an integral role in the solution delivery lifecycle, but also participate in more strategic enterprise architecture initiatives to identify and define the major kinds of information that support the business functions defined in the enterprise model.
This role is based in the Data Management team in the Strategy and Planning function in IT. The team provides Data Architecture support various projects as business needs arise. Current projects include development of New Vehicle Registration application, Campaign & Case Management, Product Definition and Vehicle Operations projects among others. The role will be involved in understanding the data requirements and creating data designs to meet these requirements. This will include extending the existing Enterprise Data Model to support these projects and implement it in the Data Virtualisation layer of the solution architecture.
- Enforces principles of best practice data design
- Work closely with the CiTO Information Management team to ensure information solutions meet the corporate strategic vision
- Understanding and development of reference architectures in the data and information space.
- Ensure that data is taken from the correct corporate sources
- Investigate data inconsistency and data quality issues with the relevant system and data owners
- Standardise the set and meaning of values for shared data attributes for all Reference data
- Resolve existing data related issues and tightly manage exceptions to enterprise architecture guiding principles
- Be involved in extending the use of their Data Virtualisation toolset
- Be a champion of data quality and reuse across the organisation
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Model and other key products
- Participates in IT Governance processes where necessary
- Information Management
- Data Management
- Data Analysis
- Methods and Tools
- Information Governance
- Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Data Management
- data architect