Would you like to be at the forefront of a world leader in intelligent information?
This company is currently serving over 40,000 financial institutions across over 150 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing leading data and insights, trading platforms, market data infrastructure and open technology platforms that support and connect a thriving global financial markets community.
The successful Senior Data Architect will be able to effectively combine long-term strategic vision with hands-on, practical architecture in the design of solutions for data heavy applications to an enterprise scale for critical Metadata components on a next-generation and strategic data delivery platform and product suite.
Key responsibilities of the successful Senior Data Architect:
- Overall design authority of Metadata Registry component and technology assets, and the approach to making the entire Platform "Metadata Driven"
- Provide technology leadership and direction to the Data Access group, working globally with engineering teams in London, Gdynia, Eagan & Beijing
- Work closely with Data Access engineering teams throughout entire delivery and deployment cycle
- Contribute to the wider architecture group on vision and technology strategy
- Ensure compliance with technical policies and standards
What they're looking for from the successful Senior Data Architect:
- Of critical importance is the ability to bridge the gap between business needs/direction and the possibilities and constraints surrounding technical implementation & innovation.
- Deep knowledge, hands-on experience and conceptual/architectural understanding of many flavours of data storage technologies (relational, big data/NoSQL, data warehousing, document/index stores, search engines, cloud-native, cloud SaaS, traditional on-premise etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of data extraction, transformation and analytics at large scale, and on complex datasets (ETL, map reduce, data replication, etc.)
- Broad knowledge and understanding of data modeling and data description and characterization.
- Experience in automating complex data flows.
- Abstraction techniques, knowledge and experience of building easy-to-use customer interfaces for differing use-cases, request-response, push workloads, streaming workloads (web APIs, REST, pub-sub etc.) across multiple domains
- Requirement analysis, software architecture and design, micro-services architecture
- Ability to translate complex concepts and communicate in terms understandable to technical and non-technical staff.
- Keen interest in developing more junior engineers, improving performance and helping talented technologists reach their potential
What would be good to have as the successful Senior Data Architect:
- Practical experience of developing solutions based on major cloud vendors, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Azure.
- Experience of building datafeeds, file-feed products and solutions
- Experience of developing against, and consuming financial market datafeed products (e.g. Select API, Knowledge Direct, QA Direct, etc.)
- Practical experience with the following technologies: AWS (EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, Lambda, IAM, Aurora, API Gateway etc.), big data (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Flink, Elasticsearch, Kafka), web services & accelerators (Tomcat, NginX, Varnish), web service specifications and standards (REST, SOAP, GraphQL, OData), serialisation tools (JSON, Avro etc.), RDBMSs (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres etc.), data warehousing (AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery, Snowflake etc.), Azure (various)
- Practical experience with agile development methodologies and tools (Scrum, JIRA etc.)
Position: Senior Data Architect
Location: Nottingham (fully remote start)
Salary: £75,000 - £95,000 base + 20% bonus + private medical + pension
Contact: David Patterson
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'