Data Architect / Information Architect opportunity with Whitbread Plc, FTSE Top 100 owners of the Costa Coffee, Premier Inn and Beefeater brands. Unusually for a company of this size the Data Architect position is relatively greenfield, following a significant period of entrepreneurial expansion across all our major brands.
Whitbread is ambitious for this success to continue, supported and invigorated by firm foundations in its data and systems architecture. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide.
As the first incumbent of the new Data Architect / Information Architect role you will help grow the data architecture practice within Whitbread and make a significant personal impact on our future.
Within this role you will:
- Provide strong support to Project and Programmes Managers, Solution Architects, Executives and Business Analysts in the key interface where data meets business innovation and systems design.
- Take responsibility for defining, managing and updating information architecture deliverables including data governance, data models, data designs and data provision.
- Work with Whitbread's IT partners to define solutions and provide central data management across projects within the IT estate
- Set standards for, contribute to and maintain architectural documentation repository, ensure oversight of supplier documentation where required
- Ensure that systems are designed, upgraded, managed, de-commissioned and archived in compliance with data and infosec policy across the full data life cycle.
- Support wider IT functions with technical knowledge and experience where required
- Keep Whitbread's Corporate Responsibility, Good Together and other initiatives at the forefront of all decisions and interactions
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record in defining data architecture, logical data modelling, data patterns, data strategy
- Ability to take part in technical and business design authorities in order to approve their vision for data.
- Strong capability with data management, data warehousing, reporting, operational data stores, dataflow modelling and data integration technologies.
- Understanding of 3NF, de-normalised / star schema, structured and unstructured data management and platforms, and data modelling, metadata and data quality tools.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of overall data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data cataloguing.
- Experience of traditional data systems across DBMS, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Data Lineage, Data Classifications, both SQL and NoSQL
- Good commercial understanding of IT services. Demonstrable ability to engage with vendors and review technical proposals from a data management perspective to ensure solutions meet Whitbread's requirements
- Good communication skills – able to explain in plain English data architecture, data policies and the data itself.
- Knowledge of DAMA and DMBOK
- Experience of using TOGAF, Zachman, PEAF or other Enterprise Architecture framework
- Experience of modelling tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect (preferred) or similar such as PowerDesigner, ER/Studio or ERwin
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job