DATA ARCHITECT - learn google cloud technology.
Google BigQuery focused, but will take any cloud experience and train as necessary. Eg. AWS , Redshift. Will potentially consider a senior DBA, for a second role there if willing to train in cloud if they have done some cloud at home.
Closest town - SWINDON. Commutable from Reading. Bristol. Oxford. M4. London.
£65-90k + strong benefits and will train.
Also a more senior Data role at 90k+, different to this, ask for details.
Two Data Architects are urgently required to join a leading UK cloud technology business in Swindon. This is an award winning, very forward thinking business, with a fun, modern environment (think pool table, table tennis, bar) where once settled in you can work from home one or two days a week, have flexi time, and receive bundels and bundles of training where needed as well as good benefits. In short my client are a great business to work for.
As a company my client is privately owned and specialise in helping enterprises such as Santander, Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis, on their cloud journey. This covers all aspects of infrastructure, data, and applications. They are one of the fastest growing SMES in the country.
Due to exceptional success and growth they looking to recruit two Data Architects to join their team - a fantastic opportunity to become a key part in a growing team, where your input really does make a difference.
One of these data architects will lead a team of four, the other can be more junior. Possibly a very experienced DBA / data warehousing background and looking to get into cloud / a little cloud experience for the more junior data architect. Whereas for the more senior one they are happy to take on AWS / Redshift people or other cloud experience and train in google if necessary. What is key is a passion for cloud, proven database experience. Someone who is happy speaking to / facing clients when necessary and is really passionate about this space.
- End-to-end data architecture design of customer data platforms.
- You will work with Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Scrum Masters and others across the business to scope, design and implement new solutions leveraging your data architecture skills.
- Work with software engineering teams providing guidance & mentoring to assist them to write complex SQL queries and optimise data storage and access patterns.
- Work directly with customers to help them understand how they could host their databases and data warehouses / data lakes using the appropriate Google Cloud Platform technology.
- Interface with sales and delivery teams to produce proposals, Statements of Work etc
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots to modernize infrastructure for performance, scalability, latency, reliability
- Possess in depth knowledge of competing technologies in database, data warehousing and big data e.g., Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Hadoop
- Design data storage, movement and orchestration solutions
- Create visualisations, dashboards and MIS reports
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions
- Design and execute a platform modernization approach for customers' data environments
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
- Design solutions for structured data technologies and understand unstructured data technologies
- Create and maintain appropriate standards and best practice around Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery and other data technologies
- The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and have led successful technical discussions with senior customer SMEs.
- Conversant in SQL 2011 including more advanced queries such as triggers, stored procedures, views, joins and subqueries
- Significant experience in rdbms such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, Oracle 10/11/12 or MySQL.
- Ability to create and interpret solution designs using UML / ERD diagrams
- Performance and monitoring of SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL databases
- ISO27001 Data protection, PII, PCI and Role Based access to data
- Experienced working with software engineers
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat, Centos or Ubuntu)
- Any experience of Google Cloud would be advantageous
- Understanding of SQL clustering, load balancing and high availability configurations
If you're an experienced Data Architect with strong technical skills and a background engaging with customers on a regular basis get in touch today for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'