Data and Reporting Manager - Glasgow - Perm - ASAP - £29K to £35,5K
Your new company
A large organisation who recently moved into brand new offices in Glasgow is looking for a Data and Reporting Manager to join a team in a division that is experiencing a lot of change. This team is responsible for the collection, processing and manipulation of internal data from across the industry they serve.
Your new role
You will be a focal point for data analysis for the team and be a valued member of a core team of data analysts to ensure that data and reporting processes are as efficient and accurate as possible. A key function of this role is to identify, analyse and interpret trends in complex data sets. You will also be able to draw upon your extensive knowledge and experience of data analytics to influence and shape the work to improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics
- Consolidate data and develop reports on a routine schedule
- Own, design, improve, and generate reports and presentations to provide core insights
- Process, cleanse, format and validate data used for reporting
- Visualise large data sets in ways that are easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends and correlations
- Support any need for ad hoc reporting, analysis and projects as required including reviews of business reporting analytics requirements, data source analysis, automation of reporting, dashboards and other ad hoc report creation
- Develop and maintain system services i.e. Qlickview
- Ensure solutions in place to track and monitor progress of reports provided by the Team
- Ensure that KPIs service levels agreed with schemes for your reports are met or exceeded;
- Produce commentary for reports based on your own analysis;
- Respond to scheme data/reporting queries
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure positive working relationships;
- Involvement in the Discovery phase for the new team activities, including identifying innovations and improvements to divisional reporting structures;
- Undertake personal development and upskilling as the division's capabilities in the fields of automation and machine learning develop through the implementation of a divisional two-year strategy
- Line management duties may be required
Key outputs and deliverables:
- Monthly scheme MI packs;
- Scheme non-statutory reporting outputs;
- Scheme statutory reports;
- Ad-hoc reporting for schemes and Team Head;
- Ad-hoc projects and corporate reporting inputs/outputs for Team Head and Senior Manager, Business Insight and Data;
- Commentary for scheme reports, as required.
- High quality reporting visuals, working expertly in Microsoft Excel
- Development and maintenance of all project documents including PIDs, project plans, progress updates, risk and issues logs, records of key meetings and action.
What you'll need to succeed
Key skills and capabilities this client is looking for are:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a numerate or analytical discipline, eg statistics, economics or social science related fields;
- Ability to take complex problems and break them down to create and implement an action plan
- Knowledge of using analysis techniques to understand complex business situations and inform management decisions
- Skilled with MS Office functions, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and document management tools (e.g. SharePoint)
- Analytic capabilities with understanding of descriptive analytics and exploratory data analysis.
- Excellent eye for details, ability to identify trends and patterns of information Desirable:
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant factors to inform decisions
- SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying
What you'll get in return
The chance to work in a fantastic organisation where data is the core of everything they do. You'll have an opportunity to involve yourself in bleeding edge technologies in automation and machine learning. You'll also get 25 + 10,5 holidays per year as a new start rising to 30 + 10,5 after 2 years service. The benefits are great to.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Data analysis analytics reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job