Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
Resources | Data and Business Intelligence Analyst | Closes: 26th March 2018
Job Title: Advert Data & BI Analyst
Contract Status: Permanent - Full time
Salary: £48,000-51,000 plus benefits
The Nursing and Midwifery Council regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland setting standards of education, training, conduct and performance so that nurses and midwives can deliver high quality healthcare throughout their careers.
Our strategy for the next five years sets out how we will develop our work to protect patients and the public effectively and efficiently. It places dynamic regulation at the centre of what we do and sets out where we think we should focus our energies and resources in order to promote standards of care and practice.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for Data & BI Analyst to join our team. NMC is embarking on a strategic priority changes, this includes developing Data Warehouse, Data Lake and setting up Data Governance board. NMC’s objective is to understand the data its holds, improve data quality and extract Insight and Intelligence to enable effective decision making
The Business Analysts will play a key role in shaping the delivery of key strategic changes in line with NMC strategic priorities. The position holder will support Data Architect and the Business Intelligence team deliver these key priority projects.
Skills and experience required
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to analyse and clearly capture business requirements
- Ability to create clear definitions of business terms, metrics, KPIs and supporting data
- Ability to develop Data Quality requirements and associated metrics
- The ability to disseminate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience in creating data dictionaries for technical architects, business glossaries for business users and creating relationship between the two
- Experience in creating data quality Target Operating Models
- Experience of data warehousing, data cleansing, data migration, ETL, data modelling & mapping and orchestrations
- Experience of running workshops with large number of stakeholders to model business processes and elicit business requirements.
- Experience of researching and analysing complex information and processes.
- Experience of working within project methodologies
Why work for the NMC?
- 30 days holiday and eight days paid bank holidays
- contributory pension scheme
- flexible working arrangements
- child care vouchers
- cycle to work
- staff discounts with high street retailers
- subsidised on-site restaurant
- season ticket loans
- BUPA regulated Employee Assistance Programme
For more information about the role please read the job description and the person specification on the website
If you feel that this role is for you, please apply on our website with your CV with a supporting statement on how you feel you meet the skills and experiences highlighted in the person specification, and the personal details form
Closing date for completed applications: 12.00 Midday on 26th March 2018
Interview Date: TBC
The NMC is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Registered Charity in England and Wales  and in Scotland [SC038362]
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job