Highams are currently recruiting on behalf of a start up digital insurance business who are in the market for an experienced data and analytics professional who is passionate about reinventing the insurance process for the digital market.
My client is a very fast-paced and dynamic environment. They work in an agile way with an execution focus where delivery to timelines is essential.
To be a good fit for the team you will be motivated by working in a high-performing team. You should have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to work independently and to deadlines. You should be driven and inspired by the prospect of being part of something unique in the industry.
About this role
Reporting to the Global Programme Director, the purpose of this position is to lead the data team in building the data infrastructure and support the monitoring function. In particular, the role focuses on supporting the process of ingesting data from clients and developing monitoring capabilities.
- Lead the European Data Team for development and refining of the European Data strategy as part of the Global Data Project. In particular, assess the Partner/TPA policy admin system capabilities in term of data and provide guidance on the best way to ingest it via the data ingestion template
- Participate in testing activities during the data ingestion, to ensure accuracy and completeness of the ingested data. Perform data validation to ensure it reconciles with financial accounts
- Work closely with the Tech Team to define/support the development of the new data warehouse; when necessary provide guidance around the automation of the data transformation for policy, quote and claims data.
- Lead the Data and support the Product Team in the definition of the data requirement for each client and Claims TPA. Work closely with key business stakeholders from the Product and Finance Teams to deliver to their requirements
- Support the implementation of innovative tools, visualisations and processes that improves the insight and monitoring capabilities of the business
- Maintain a close relationship with internal stakeholders ensuring frequent progress update with regard to the data capabilities
- Develop monitoring capabilities, in particular, support the Product Team by generating insightful reports and provide adequate analysis to support the business.
Essential skills & experience
- Proven experience in working in the insurance industry, involving product experience
- Structured, analytical with a problem-solving approach and a high level of attention to detail. Must love working with data
- In-depth knowledge of all transactional aspects of the life cycle of an insurance policy (underwriting, MTA, renewals, conversions, etc.)
- Excellent programming skills including expertise in SQL, SAS, R, etc (Expert Level in Excel, Access). Ability to use advanced techniques to handle big data with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with data modelling and working with relational databases
- Ability to define test strategies and controls
- Ability to lead and work in a small and dynamic team
- Ability to lead and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Great communication skills, effectively communicate complex ideas to primary business partners, both verbally and in writing
This is an opportunity perfect for someone who enjoys working in an environment where change is the only constant!
You will be joining a business where the sky really is the limit and you have the opportunity to have full autonomy and mould the role to where you want it to go.
This will give you excellent exposure to the Insurtech space and would really suit candidates who have entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to think outside of the box.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'