DATA ANALYST - 30,000-50,000 + BENEFITS, LONDON
My client is an established consulting firm who are looking for numerical, analytical Data Analysts to join their market-leading data analytics advisory practice delivering professional services to a range of financial institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds and central banks, and energy, retail, telecoms, utilities and government clients.
This would be a great role for if you are looking to work on complex data analytics problems in a big data environment. You will be working on proactive fraud prevention management, anti-money laundering, concept clustering, social network analysis, sentiment analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, developing their centres of excellence internally and their overall service offerings.
This firm is well-known for providing employees with opportunity to expand their experience, knowledge, and their skills in the data analytics, fraud investigations, forensic data analytics, and the Big Data space. You will also develop consulting skills and will work with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities. They have a flexible culture, with inclusive values, and lots of development opportunities.
Please note for all roles, the skills which you have gained that could be applied to these roles are more important than the type of data you have worked with.
For the junior roles, you do NOT need any experience in Forensic / Fraud Data Analytics, towards the more Senior End it would be preferential to have some industry expertise but it is not essential.
At all levels you must have experience in one or more of the following:
- Data analysis, data manipulation and an understanding of common data quality problems
- Analytical expertise: SAS; SPSS; R; SAP HANA
- Data management/engineering skills: SQL; ETL; Python
- Big data tools: Hadoop; HIVE; PIG
- Visualisation skills: Qlikview; Tableau; D3
- It is essential you have a minimum of a Degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering) from a top-tier University with good A Levels (or equivalent)
Depending on experience you will need to show experience of, or the ability to develop skills in the following:
- Show great skill in stakeholder and project management
- Be proactive, diligent and interested in the subject matter; you won’t be the sort of person who is always waiting for the next stage of the process: you will be inquisitive and proactive
- Show great attention to detail
- Desire to work in a leading consulting firm (with this comes a structured career path, regular appraisals, with specific KPIs you come up with in order to further your own career)
- In-depth analysis of complex data
- Experience in writing reports and presentations to explain the findings
- Ability to come up with solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
This is a great place to develop a career, as the organisation has an excellent reputation on a global scale, and a wonderful client roster. You will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts and to learn new disciplines as you grow with the firm. The successful candidates will perform a client delivery focused role, which typically involves the management, manipulation and analysis of data and transformations using innovative techniques to leverage insight into a client’s structured and unstructured data, to provide answers to complex analytical problems. This team are commited to being the best at what they do.
There is a need for great people with strong analytics knowledge, as more emphasis is being put on not only understanding the issues companies are facing with their data, but how they can better leverage their data and use it to mitigate risk and fraud.
Benefits include: a great salary, healthcare, gym, pension plan, mobile phone, and laptop.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'