Working for this well-established company with exciting expansion plans for 2019, the Data Analyst will be working for the Head of Research and under guidance from the Director of Research - you will have responsibility for the delivery and development of a wide range of analytical projects. The Data Analyst will be rewarded with 25 holidays plus Bank Holidays, private health insurance, company pension, life assurance, flexitime, free lunch and free car parking. The company offer a fantastic opportunity for the right people to develop within a people-focused organisation. They are proud to fully support your career aims and will provide relevant training to help you be the best you can be.
To apply for the Data Analyst role, you will be able to process large amounts of information quickly and have an eye for spotting patterns and exceptions. The Data Analyst Analytical mind will be able to identify patterns in large amounts of information and test hypotheses and be proficient with SPSS, SAS or a similar statistics package. You will have the creativity to propose theories that explain the data, the statistical abilities to test your theories and the written and verbal skills to effectively communicate the interesting and the significant.
You will contribute to the continuous development of our world-class methodology. This will include developing and testing insightful survey items and methodological improvements and innovations.
You will discover trends and patterns by performing interesting and insightful analysis.
Working within a small but focused team, you will have a self-starter mind-set, being comfortable to produce results without close supervision, driving forward the research interests of the company.
As a strong collaborator, you will work with other Researchers and teams across the business. You’ll be able to communicate simply and accurately to those without a research background.
- Research - taking current knowledge, testing, building on and analysing it using data sets and helping to improve the understanding of this complex area through blogs and whitepapers
- Development and Innovation- developing new processes, products and methods
- Best practice - analysing companies’ current policies and processes to uncover examples of best practice
- Collaboration - helping with client requests, designing and improving products and processes
- Business review - competitor research and comparison, communicating how our methodology differs from that of other consultancies and from academic models
- Eligibility and integrity checking - helping to analyse incoming data for accuracy, validity and consistency
- Analytical mind, able to identify patterns in large amounts of information and test hypotheses
- Problem solving skills, being able to find explanations behind results
- Proficient with SPSS, SAS or a similar statistics package
- An aptitude for statistics combined with a sound grasp of statistical methods and principles
- An interest in and knowledge of psychometrics.
- Excel skills - confident and competent when using functions, building simple worksheets, and using pivot tables.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate complicated concepts into simple narratives
- Item writing skills and the ability to devise meaningful, reliable and insightful questions
- You’re the sort of person who wants to understand how people work, and is driven to help organisations improve their corporate environments for the sake of their employees
You may currently be a psychologist, statistician or psychometrician, or a STEM graduate, working in a university lab, doing analysis for an Engagement or Marketing team within a company, or working as a data analyst for a consultancy. You may be a recent graduate, or somebody who is about to graduate, who is looking for a role in which you can learn and develop. Whatever your current role, you have an eye for detail in your statistical work along with a flair for discovering "what’s really going on" and the skills to communicate your insights to other people.
Overall, you will be able to process large amounts of information quickly and have an eye for spotting patterns and exceptions. You will have the creativity to propose theories that explain the data, the statistical abilities to test your theories and the written and verbal skills to effectively communicate the interesting and the significant.
Keywords: Analyst, analytical, research, SPSS, SAS
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'