We have a new opportunity at British Gymnastics for a Data Analyst to join the team based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary and package of £20,250 to £27,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) plus contributory pension scheme + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days).
British Gymnastics is proud to be the UK Governing Body for the sport of Gymnastics. We exist to support, lead and inspire all those involved or interested in Gymnastics. We provide a national directive and structure for the sport; delivering a range of opportunities across the age spectrum to take part and stay in gymnastics, as well as developing talent and delivering top-level success.
The Data Analyst Role
The purpose of this role is to facilitate the use of data to provide insight. The role holder will be part of the team coordinating, guarding, accessing and updating data within British Gymnastics including responsibility for the security, accuracy and usability of it.
Key Responsibilities of the Data Analyst
- Supporting the organisation’s goal of a centralised, robust source of insight and data
- Manage data collection activities and initiatives
- Take ownership of data management, quality, duplicates, consistence of reference terms etc
- Using SQL to extract, manipulate and deliver meaningful data and reports
- Using QlikView and other data visualisation tools to create dashboards for all senior executives, line managers and budget holders
- Providing training and operational support for data report users, escalating any issues that require more in-depth diagnosis
- Analysing raw data to produce insights
Our Ideal Data Analyst
- A working knowledge of relational database technologies, construction and management, including SQL for optimising complex database queries and the use of reporting tools/software
- An understanding of the importance of insight and the use of data within a membership organisation
- The ability to think strategically, logically, analytically and broadly, considering impacts across systems and functions/department
- Confident communication and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- A high standard of data accuracy
- Good task and time management skills
- a relevant qualification and be experienced in maintaining data reporting, analysing data and working with/developing databases
Closing date for applications: Midday on Tuesday, 25th September 2018
Interview date: 3rd October
If you would like to join our team as our Data Analyst, or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"