As a Barclays Data Analyst you will support the practical application of data to drive business analysis. Namely, investigation of a potential solution to a data centric business problem and development of an approach involving the interrogation and analysis of data warehouses to determine the impacted customers and any potential detriment. Integral to the role is the ability to think laterally about the problem statement and, where required, challenge the intended approach and/or devise alternative approaches to the problem.
Our goal in Omni Channel and Customer Experience (OC&CE) is to accelerate our journey to provide brilliant customer and client experiences across all products and segments of Barclays. Not only that, but deliver it in a way where every customer journey is seamless between channels and consistent between products and segments. The pace of change of the Financial Services Industry in terms of regulation, technology and customer expectations creates a unique opportunity for us to build new ways of customer engagement that will revolutionise customer interaction models as we know them today.
As a Data Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Deploying technical expertise in the development of tactical tools, coupled with strategic migrations to support strategic direction and execution
* Producing technical Architecture solution details along with additional relevant documentation
* Conducting code reviews with team members to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development and revise as necessary to ensure compliance
* Completing Business Analysis where needed to support the Rapid Application/Agile development process, communicating progress, risks/issues in a clear, transparent manner
* Delivering ad hoc development, reporting as required in a fast paced, changing environment
As a Data Analyst, your skills and experience will include:
* Experience of working with data, including database management (SQL, SAS, OLAP or similar)
* Teradata Utilities: Fastload (FLOAD), BTEQ, Fastexport (FEXP), Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT)
* Ability to create DML and DDL statements and testing methodologies & strong documentation skills
* Excellent understanding of MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, SQL, Jira
* SQL: Ability to create complex DML and DDL statements
* Experience of working with Teradata would also be advantageous.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'