We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources.
We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources.
To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role;
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Data Analyst to join the Veolia Procurement Team based in Cannock, Staffordshire, to import data from SAP, VIM and their relational databases, and Veolia customised software such as Basware, SAVE and VESTA. Cleaning, transforming, validating or joining/modelling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. The job also includes presenting data in charts, graphs and tables.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure detailed, accurate and timely KPI's are cascaded to key stakeholders / decision makers to improve operational and system performance and drive cost efficiencies throughout business activities within the division / function by highlighting trends and best practice
- Responsible for the suite of reports including the design, implementation, management and continuous development
- Ensure data quality from related systems/processes is as high as reasonably possible
- Plan and manage small and medium scale projects (Project period up to 6 months)
- Analyse root causes for non-compliances in the P2P process (e.g. retrospective purchase orders, fragmented spend, miscoding) and suggest possible solutions based on the facts and figures
- Demonstrate a professional approach that generates credibility, respect and confidence, amongst colleagues and clients
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Understanding of database software e.g. SQL or Microsoft Access
- Highly competent / advanced level in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint and Word
- Basic understanding of operational finance (e.g. P&Ls)
- Understanding of P2P and supply chain processes and common issues
- Good problem solver with an extensive root cause analysis skills
- Proven experience in designing, delivering and presenting reports to internal stakeholders
- Experience in analysing complex data
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Experience in ERP (particularly SAP) is advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job