Support the commercial & business teams in providing ad-hoc and project reporting, data analysis and technical support to facilitate management decision making and operational activities within PayPoint. Working with all levels of staff, across multiple departments, to identify requirements and define, design and develop data solutions. Provide assistance to support teams during delivery of new projects and dealing with incidents. Knowledge of SQL Server and data tools coupled with strong business analysis and communication skills are essential to the role.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical Business Analysis of user requirements from interaction with non-technical users.
- Provide insight and business intelligence on sales performance, including mapping and geographical analysis
- Produce, maintain and develop sales and KPI dashboards
- Use visualisation tools to explore and implement performance data reporting using highly developed analytical skills
- Analyse user requirements to define and design solutions.
- Regular reporting on sales, installs and other business areas, against KPIs, plans and forecasts, including financial revenue data where applicable
- Data mining of external data - query and manipulate data to aid insight and support marketing campaigns
- Develop the data extraction and manipulation components of reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server objects. These include queries, tables, views, stored procedures, and user defined functions.
- Develop reports in appropriate technology including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Excel and PowerBI
- Provide relevant user support for information gathering and analysis from both static report and data self-service enabled tools
- Maintain reporting data and structures.
- Design and implement new reports based on business requirements
- Provide analytical support to the business, including senior management; awarding organisation, finance and business development
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities across business processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Good knowledge of the SQL Server BI stack and tools.
- Experience of BI/MI reporting
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to use data to provide insights and identify root cause.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft reporting tools (Excel and Power BI)
- Experience of MS Excel VBA programming.
- Experience SQL querying with T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience of complex query analysis - use of Common Table Expressions, nested subqueries, derived tables etc.
- SQL Server Reporting Services report creation experience
- An understanding around the concepts of Data Warehousingand ETL technologies. Previous experience with SQL Server Analysis Services cubes, and SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience using dashboarding tools (eg. Microstategy, Tableau, Cognos BI, etc.), and financial planning software (eg. TM1, Cognos)
- A good knowledge of the PayPoint International business and the information its users require in their day to day activities
- Ability to translate end user business requirements into technical solutions
- Graduated with 2.1 degree in an analytical subject
- A technically adept, motivated, focused individual with excellent analysis, organisation and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen effectively and interact at all levels within the organisation.
- A team player who is able to adapt their own ways of working to that of the team
- Experience of reporting and analysis in a fast-paced multi-site environment, with the ability to understand and use complex multi-layered data sources
- A self-starter with an inquisitive mind and an aptitude for spotting trends and proactively investigating
- Experience of reporting and analysis in a fast-paced multi-site environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job