Data Analyst - Liverpool - Salary Negotiable on Experience
Your new company
My client is a global brand in cutting-edge and globally recognised technology and Entertainment Company specialising in the growth of popular sports engagement. They have recently obtained a new business opportunity which in turn has enabled business growth, predominately in their IT team. They are now actively seeking an experienced Research and Development Software Manager to be based in their Merseyside office.
Your new role
We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. You will be an experienced data professional who can query and process data, provide reports, summarise and visualise data - you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Your responsibilities will include conducting full life-cycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. You will develop analysis and reporting capabilities.
Strong analytical background and problem solving skills using statistical analysis is required. You will work with business clients, IT to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements documentation, process models, and data models to build the data lake and enable BI and Analytics for internal and external customers.
The role will grow to apply data analytics /data science to provide insights and business intelligence to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver actionable insights:
- Analyse and model structured and unstructured data and implement solutions to support analysis
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses to build and define solutions to solve business problem uncovering trends and relationships
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights
- Filter and "clean" data
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
- Homogenise the performance of the database and optimise system resources
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
Suitably qualified (BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or equivalent relevant experience), the ideal candidate will have proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst and technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Individuals must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
What you'll get in return
An excellent pay and benefits package such as pension, health, life assurance and gym membership subject to contract. The Company's success is reliant on a flexible and knowledgeable workforce and all employees will be offered access to training and development opportunities and will be encouraged to develop their potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.