Are you an experienced data analyst with a talent for interpreting and manipulating data? Perhaps you have an interest in the automotive industry? If your answer is yes, then we could have just the job for you.
Here at Thatcham Research we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our fast moving and friendly team. This is an interesting and important role, where you will be faced with regular new data challenges. Not only will you be responsible for analysing and reporting on the latest trends in vehicle related data, you will also develop models and forecasts to represent the latest in research and expertise from within Thatcham.
As a Data Analyst your key responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting departments from across the business, delivering research tasks on target and to the required quality
- Liaising with other Research Centres, discussing research status and sharing experiences in order to produce better informed research and shared data
- Planning, developing and updating complex modelling and analysis activities in order to produce research outputs and findings for stakeholders
- Reviewing and analysing internal and external data sources in order to develop new offerings that provide improved underwriting and pricing ability to members, thus increasing value to membership
- Providing high quality communication of analysis and modelling activities to ensure that stakeholders are well-informed
As a Data Analyst your skills and experience will include:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered in the absence of such qualification
- Ability to develop reporting mechanisms in order to demonstrate trends
- Experience using SQL
- Experience working with complex data and analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel and Access, relational databases and pivot tables are an essential skill required for this position
- Strong MS PowerPoint and Word skills, essential
- The ability to present and clearly communicate research projects and outcomes in meetings, acknowledging the different technical and political context required in each situation
- Experience of Qlik view and/or Qlik sense data visualisation software would be highly advantageous
What we’re looking for in you:
You are an experienced data analyst with excellent research, network building and data sourcing skills. You enjoy researching new analytical, modelling and statistical techniques and are able to accurately implement them. You have the drive to work independently on tasks whilst also operating as part of a close team to ensure that tasks and projects fit together into broader reports and models.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
- Data Analysis
- Pivot Tables