Our exciting growth plans have created a new opportunity for a Data Analyst to support project initiatives including identifying and analysing preliminary business data needs, benefits, and time estimates to deliver the required scope of projects. Within the role you will need to investigate and document current data sources and provide the data definitions, flows and models to support the target data / technology architecture for the Customer and BI programmes within Whitbread.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
As a Data Analyst you will lead data requirements gathering sessions, stakeholder interviews, group sessions, user observations and/or use other techniques to identify business need or requirement with stakeholders of all levels. This will include working with data owners to understand when/how data is created or changed for both current and target states. You will also need to interpret and replay the data requirements to all stakeholders at both a strategic and operational level
Within the role you will contribute to impact assessments, design specifications and projections of effort for system enhancements and problem resolutions. You will also own specific projects item for benefits realisation. As a Data Analyst you will need to define and manage data profiling requirements. This will include sense checking, profiling and pivoting data / identifying and testing data cleansing rules. You will also be expected to define data mapping/validation rules
As part of the role you will need to produce and maintain data models across programmes and projects, implementing the requisite version and release management controls . You will also need to work with the business, suppliers and functional teams to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation to maximise synergies and cost efficiencies. Working with key stakeholders, you will need to define benefits associated with specific data change initiatives and ensure these are measurable. You will also act as the key liaison across areas related to data including business stakeholders IS and vendors
What we are looking for
- Proven professional data analytical experience or relevant professional experience
- Strong team working skills inspiring trust and acting as a catalyst for success
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of data definitions, Data quality, Data Flows and Modelling.
- A good understanding of Data segmentation
- Knowledge of data business intelligence definition including KPI and report definitions.
- Understanding of CRM and association of data to digital delivery.
- Strong SQL skills
- A track record of managing and contributing to multiple IS projects at the same time
- Previous experience managing relationships between external partners and internal stakeholders to deliver project objectives
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Flexible. Able to change direction on a programme if required for delivery and still remain in control