Position Description Overview
We are looking for a passionate data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information; information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide on-going reports. Develop and implement databases, commercial data systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality. Retrieve data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Work with management to prioritise business and information needs.
- Monitor new merchant records for early warning trigger signs or detections to ensure merchant recruitment resources are optimised to maximise profitable sectors. Identify enhancements to the on-boarding process that will continue to increase the delivery of client satisfaction and retention of profitable merchants. Work closely with Merchant Operation Collection Team to implement processes that contribute to increase the collection rates of merchant charges, etc. and reduce/prevent write-offs.
- Analyse a variety of supplementary and third party information along with data contained in the lead/application, or existing merchant account to identify any financial/non-financial concerns. Complete investigations using various information/tools such as bureau reports, bank statements, website information including T&C and any other third party intelligence feeds to validate a business and future profitability. Perform end-to-end activities related to the merchant acquisition process and maintain a database to ensure future sales efforts are optimised in the most profitable areas.
- Train, counsel, advise and communicate any upcoming or immediate areas of concern that all FDMS sales and relationship teams will need to ensure profitable merchant recruitment and retention. Participate in department projects such as on-boarding, activation and retention and take an active role in cross-functional teams to drive quality improvements, processes and initiatives. Ensure adherence to agreed SLAs and escalate any issue that may result in a breach of any Policy and/or merchant approval/activation.
- Promote and maintain good working relationships with Central Risk and Merchant Operation teams. Liaise with merchants, business consultants, sales-agents and relationship teams where necessary. Produce management reporting (MI) each month and monitor the performance metrics for further improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Excellent analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation technique.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Excel and Access databases
- Strong analytical with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of data/information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Capable of making sound judgements based on the weight of available data
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees and clients. Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Operational Functions
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Cust Sppt Polics,Stnd & Procs
- Cust Sppt Svc Agreements
- Svc Request Mgmt Process
- Customer Support Systems
- Knowledge of Customers
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job