Data Analyst Team Leader - Healthcare
Location: Basildon - SS15 6EF
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
You are a senior experienced Data Analyst who either has experience managing a team or has managerial / project management experience and is now looking to take the next step. You also have a working experience in Healthcare / NHS / Pharmaceutical.
Wilmington Healthcare, part of Wilmington plc, is a market leading provider of healthcare data, education, news and information resources with outstanding analytics capabilities. We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS enabling improved outcomes for patients. Our leading insight and news service, the Health Service Journal, provides the most influential people in health with vital intelligence, analysis and advice.
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting into the Head of data analysis, as Healthcare data analyst team leader, you will take charge of the healthcare data analyst team who are part based across our London and Basildon offices and a number remotely on home working contracts. You will work with the team to analyse healthcare datasets to discover data insights and productise through a variety of means and outputs (disease insight reports, tableau dashboards, data extracts etc.) working in partnership with other operational managers/teams as well commercial colleagues.
The post holder will keep abreast of availability of healthcare datasets, understand how they can be utilised and work with the analyst team to deliver outputs that meet client requirements, liaising with clients as necessary. This will include taking ownership of existing excel based products and tableau dashboards produced by the team as well as the production of new syndicated and bespoke outputs as required. The post holder should be able to ensure that the teams’ abilities are enhanced, through the use of BI products such as Tableau. They will also need to direct the healthcare analysis team to analyse other data available to the business and recommend new techniques and build skills in data science for the business.
The role requires someone who can work with a degree of autonomy and take on personal responsibility in a high-pressured environment to ensure work produced is both highly accurate and ethically sound, ensuring due consideration is being given to relevant external and company guidelines and regulations on data use.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of team management including work definition and allocation, pastoral care and staff development but will be supported by their line manager (head of data analysis) in these tasks. This is a hands on role, so alongside managing the team the post holder will get involved in team tasks and analysis work as required.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To work under the guidance of the head of data analysis
- Team management
- Work planning and allocation appropriately implemented and documented
- Supporting staff appraisals and reviews
- Staff issue management and escalation as appropriate
- Team development and training
- Setting SMART objectives for team and monitoring achievement against objectives
- Staff coaching and performance management
- Regular team/1:1 meetings to enhance communication and ensure motivation of the team
- Supporting staff recruitment and retention
- Ensure own personal and team work output is of a high quality and accuracy. Accuracy of data insight is essential to maintain the integrity of the business to its customers and stakeholders.
- Peer review of analytical outputs
- Manage multiple projects concurrently meeting time constraints and expectations.
- Liaise with development team as appropriate to fulfil data requirements of both the analyst team and the development team.
- Liaise with the project management team to ensure the analyst teams work is managed in regard to wider company project requirements
- Liaise with clients on requirements and delivery as and when required
- Liaise with Account directors and project managers to keep them appraised on progress, risks and issues and ensure they are dealt with appropriately in a timely manner.
- Designing and proposing new approaches to data analysis and outputs to deliver efficiency and improved products.
- Provide leadership to expand the skills of the team and build data science capability
- Lead on ensuring resource and training is in place to work with BI software such as Tableau
- Hands on analytical work and production of client deliverables to tight deadlines.
- Keep abreast of relevant existing and new datasets that could be used in Wilmington Healthcare products.
- Work with QA and ISO managers on maintaining ISO 27001 and 9001 regulations across the business
- Undertake audit activity where required (both as auditor, and being audited)
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- Advanced Excel
- Strong Data Analytics
- Technical Writing
- Problem Solving
- Excellent verbal communications
- Production of data driven dashboards
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with minimal supervision
- High standard of written English and Grammar
- Project Management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- BI tools e.g. Tableau
- Relational databases
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'