Our Thame based client is looking for a data analyst ideally with a degree in the Maths, Statistics, Economics or most Sciences.
However any candidates with experience in a similar role would be qualified
Candidates need to enjoy, collating and examining information & need to be very aware of the detail. They will need to want to learn coding, ideally have SQL experience & have a working knowledge of excel formulas, v-look ups, write & build formula’s.
Full training for this role will be offered to candidates / graduates who are enthusiastic, love to learn, are able to deal with pressure & who understand the importance of detail. In this role you will be producing reports for multiple clients, so there will be a requirement to juggle and cope with client pressures.
This is role requires high levels of attention to detail and ability to manage one’s time effectively and efficiently in order to deliver the necessary reports.
- Maintain and develop suite of MI reports to agreed timescales.
- Be comfortable meeting with internal and external clients to obtain requirements for ad-hoc reports, data and queries
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations from data results
- Using experience and insight, work closely with the Operations and Activation Managers to provide support and recommendations for the benefit of the wider team
- Proactively provide suggestions and advice, based on additional research and insight-gaining actions to add value to the account
- Possess strong technical skills in Excel and T-SQL querying
- Have experience in CRM data extraction and confident in processing large volumes of data.
- Create and follow a technology awareness strategy to ensure reporting tools are fit for purpose.
- Be passionate about analytics and know how to get the most out of the available data
Knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications for this job
- Must have an understanding of the marketing mix, along with a creative flair, and an eye for detail
- Be able to proactively provide insight and recommendations to ensure we effectively understand and deliver the client objectives in each campaign
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to meet requirements of contact with SMT, client, and field.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with an innovative approach, often under pressurised circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with a strong customer focused approach
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills
- A high level of numeracy skills
- A high level of attention to detail is also required
- Proven problem analysis with insight and critical thinking skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Confident in writing queries, ideally in SQL and/ or Access.
- Comfortable working with BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience of working in insight and research teams
- Experience working with large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Previous experience within a data/category/Reporting analyst role would be a benefit but not essential
- Experience in using queries to extract useful data from databases
- Experience in building databases would be advantageous
- PC skills using Windows software
- Some knowledge or experience of field marketing
- Business related degree desirable
- Data Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job