Wiggle inspires everybody, everywhere, everyday; to experience the joy of sport. Wiggle is an online retailer of Cycle, Run, Swim, Triathlon & Outdoor product, in over 100 countries. With offices in Portsmouth (UK), Wolverhampton (UK), Taipei (ROC) and Sydney (AUS), Wiggle are a truly global company; with multi-language websites, customer services, and free worldwide delivery.
Being active in the great outdoors is a great way to get people together, create a sense of fulfilment and enjoy life. Wiggle's aim is to give as many people as possible the choice to access-cycling and tri-sports; to experience aforementioned benefits for themselves. Wiggle's staff live the brand. Being cyclists, runners, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts; they share a love of sport.
Wiggle's is recruiting an experienced Data Analyst (R, SQL, SPSS) to join their innovative and dynamic team based in Portsmouth to help fuel continued growth.
Data Analyst key role responsibilities:
- Utilising machine learning abilities to put in place evolving customer segmentation, analytical models, and behavioural predictions to enable the delivery of personalisation across our CRM framework
- Using clustering techniques along with data languages (preferably R) on big data sets to identify customer behaviour patterns and profiles
- Working with the CRM/Personalisation team - use modelling & data analysis expertise to produce actionable insight
- Follow outputs through execution; present and explain the method and output and work with wider teams to ensure successful implementation
- Work closely with the Insight analysts and wider team to understand marketing requirements
- Identify the most suitable model to solve each marketing request.
- Communicate technical thinking to a variety of stakeholders, including the reasons for specific model chosen, the method, output and how this will help to achieve the goal.
- Visualise outputs of models in a digestible form.
- Creation of detailed documentation explaining methods/outputs (e.g. data dictionaries)
- Carry out ETL processes when necessary
Data Analyst key role requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics or other related field
- 2+ years' experience in statistical analysis and modelling, preferably in the retail sector
- Key experience within, R, SQL and SPSS
- Experience and strong understanding of machine learning & statistical learning and the potential when applied to ecommerce marketing
- Programming languages R + Python
- Experience in clustering and prediction models
- Analytical experience within the retail sector, working with big data and large volumes of customers
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Practical experience in the dissection of complex disparate data sources
- Self-motivated and passionate about the WiggleCRC's mission and customer experience
- Experience with commercial metrics and measures
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
Technical experience in ETL processes and working with marketing teams solving relevancy and personalisation problems is highly desirable. You will have tableau or other visualisation software skills as well as having hands on experience with cloud based data platforms and familiar with Oracle products, such as Big Data & Advanced Analytics + Machine learning.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or for further information about the role contact Ajay Hayre at or call on +44 (0). All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job