Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience plus bonus
Skills: Data management, supplier management, business intelligence, Cost Saving
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 to 5.00 or 9.00 to 6.00
About the Company
Would you like to work for a company where your role makes a real difference to business decisions?
Do you want to utilise your analysis skills within a role that will offer you the chance to influence suppliers?
An established wholesaler with an ambitious and forward thinking management team, are looking for a data analyst to work across the business to provide meaningful insights, identify trends and highlight key areas for improvements. Interacting with the business owners you will be responsible for gathering requirements and building a structured reporting platform.
What will your working week be like?
Your role will be split into two broad areas and you will be responsible for supplier negotiations and identifying new opportunities.
- Assess buying prices, competitor pricing and supplier contracts
- How is supplier performance measured - is the performance reflected in pricing, payment terms or exclusive arrangements
- Targetted cost savings across product portfolio
- Creating reporting dashboards
- Presenting to senior management team.
New suppliers and stock lines;
- Chair new product committee to identify new product opportunities
- Approach new suppliers and work with purchasing team to ensure new deals will drive the business forwards
- Bring in 4 new product lines or brands each year
Who will suit this role?
In order to be considered for the position, you should be highly analytical and able to use MS Excel to an advanced standard.
- Ideally you will already have experience negotiating contracts and analysing sales and stock data.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Ability to analyse supplier performance
- Capable of presenting analysis in an understandable format
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- supplier management
- Data management
- business intelligence
- Cost Saving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job