We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
As BookingGo continues its journey to be a fully data driven organisation, we are looking for an exceptional self-led data analyst who wants to join the Taxi Team. This team focuses on offering pre-booked and on-demand taxis, we are on track to sell more than a million taxis this year, with more than 100% year on year growth
This Data Analyst (Planning) role provides the opportunity to be a close business partner of our supply team within Taxi, and will provide opportunities to drive seven-figure improvements in EBITDA by improving our tracking and management of contracts. You’ll sit within our excellent in-house planning team, which is led by an ACA-qualified accountant (ex. BDO) and has full responsibility for our end to end management P&L. You’ll also get involved with day to day performance tracking, and forecasting processes
An ideal candidate would combine strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and a collaborative and communicative style. It’s the ideal role for someone with finance skill set, who wants to develop in an "industry role" by working day to day with senior stakeholders.
Core activities: The analyst would focus on…
- Supporting our Supply team from a Commercial Finance perspective
- Identifying and managing contract rebates - which have a multi-million pound impact on our P&L
- Working to enforce quality SLAs - driving higher quality of service, and capturing significant value for the business
- Ensuring the supply team are appropriately targeted to drive the most value
- To do this, you would partner with our core finance team and supply teams
- Understanding current performance (secondary responsibility)
- Provide information and insight into current trading understanding
- Feed in to weekly performance meetings with management team
- Constantly highlight opportunities and risks to improve business performance
- Planning and forecasting (secondary responsibility)
- Support all planning and forecasting and modelling - we have an independent management P&L owned in this team
- Reporting (secondary responsibility)
- Work with reporting analysts to rationalise and develop management information ensuring analysis is delivered in a concise,accurate and timely manner
Core skills and experience that we are looking for
- Relevant degree in Accountancy, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics / Business
- Strong SQL and Excel skills for querying and exploring data sets
- Experience of business partnering/stakeholder management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to varied and non-technical stakeholders
- Commercial awareness, linking behaviours to business benefit
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
Additional experience that would be beneficial
- Relevant accountancy qualifications (CIMA / ACA etc.) - or working towards these
- Experience of working in eCommerce, retail and/or travel would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau would be a strong plus
- Commercial Awareness
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'