We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
In September 2017, M&G launched a direct online service (“myM&G”) to existing retail customers. It offers a wide range of M&G retail funds in an attractive, efficient proposition which affords people greater control over their holdings and investment choices. The service is evolving as customers continue to migrate their holdings from an offline service to the online one.
Underpinning this ambition is a better understanding and utilisation of the data assets in order to better serve customers with richer products and services. M&G seeks a data analyst to support data requests for the Direct-to-Customer (D2C) channel.
You will be responsible for:
• Demand management and planning for data owners (e.g. Finance and Marketing) to ensure delivery against business priorities
• Interpret and convey business requirements for MI / reporting to technical team
• Interface with Information Risk Management (IRM) as required for data requests
• Develop SME knowledge and documentation around data sets and attributes with a business lens. Includes liaising with vendors who manage systems on behalf of M&G
• Document data lineage and any business logic applied across current databases to aid in transition to a new CRM team and a better understanding of gaps in knowledge
• Support documentation of business logic and data transformation activities for regular reports (e.g. monthly emails, tax year end campaign, myM&G customer campaigns and any other key reports / campaigns)
• Assist in training of offshore team to run processes and automation where possible
• Work with cross-group initiatives to further the organisations data capabilities
What we are looking for:
It is essential for you to be fully comfortable communicating to, and managing expectations of senior business and technology stakeholders. You will need to have an appreciation for the importance of data and knowledge of basic data concepts (i.e. lineage, quality etc.) and knowledge of the mechanics of the investment management industry (e.g. channels, funds etc.) An awareness of relevant regulatory frameworks (e.g. GDPR) and their impact on financial services is also essential. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong time management skills and autonomy. Further attributes include, excellent attention to detail, ability to work within a team environment, effective problem solving skills and strong planning and organisational skills. SAS and Salesforce knowledge are desired.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job