- To ensure that all Dangerous Goods (DG) carried on vessels comply with all National, International, Local and Company rules and regulations.
- Making sure that all DG shipments comply with the IMDG Code and SOLAS and are sea worthy at all times.
- Vessel and crew safety must be adhered to at all times.
- To provide advice and assistance to all out local booking offices and Partner Lines on DG matters.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
- Check and if okay, accept all dangerous goods applications on assigned vessels ensuring that they comply with the IMDG Code, House Rules, Port Restrictions and Limitations.
- Manually add Partner Line DG applications to DG system for assigned vessels. Check and if okay, accept all Partner Line dangerous goods applications and manually added DG applications on vessels ensuring that they comply with the IMDG Code, house Rules, Alliance / Partner Line House rules, Port Restrictions and Limitations.
- Check all DG applications on Partner Line lines vessels ensuring that they comply with the IMDG Code, House Rules, Alliance / Partner Line House Rules, Port Restrictions and Limitations.
- Send approvals, queries and rejections to Partner Lines and Local Booking Offices (LBO’s) on vessels within the 48 hour turnaround time as defined in the Joint Working Procedures (JWP).
- Send all DG applications to Partner Lines for approval on their vessels.
- Liaise with Partner Lines to obtain approval of DG applications on their vessels within the 48 hour turnaround time.
- Check container segregation to ensure that all DG co-loads are compatible and in line with the IMDG Code regulations.
- Produce DG stowage reports for Partner Line’s vessel planners by the allocated port closing time for each vessel.
- Input into the DG system received Partner Line acceptances for the relevant DG applications and vessels.
- Check and respond to all emails for allocated vessels and services, respond to general DG enquires from Trade departments, LBO’s, vessel planners and Partner Lines.
- Liaise with port operations to ensure that DG container inspections are completed.
Breadth & ranger of responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the safe shipment of all DG containers onto vessels and DG containers on Partner Lines vessels.
- Liaising with LBO’s within Europe as well as Partner Lines.
Problems /Challenges faced
- Managing various levels of workload under time pressure with accuracy
- Ensuring daily deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that all DG containers are segregated correctly and are in accordance to all required regulations.
- Reacting quickly and efficiently to any problems and enquires that may occur.
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
- Experience with the carriage of DG at Sea is necessary.
- Previous experience with approval of DG bookings highly desirable.
- Substantial knowledge of the IMDG Code required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Punctuality in meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Logical thinker with good problem solving and communication skills.
- Due to strict deadlines, some out of hours’ work may be required.
- International Shipping
- Problem Solving
- Dangerous Goods
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job