We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
In September 2017, M&G launched a direct online service (“myM&G”) to existing retail customers. It offers a wide range of M&G retail funds in an attractive, efficient proposition which affords people greater control over their holdings and investment choices. The service is evolving as customers continue to migrate their holdings from an offline service to the online one.
The development of the service is led by a Product Manager who is responsible for underpinning the strategic commercial objectives of this business.
We seek an experienced and highly self-motivated Product Owner reporting into the Product Manager and responsible for the ongoing development of the D2C proposition and feature set.
• Working in close collaboration with the Product Manager and Product Designer, assist the Head of D2C to mobilise the Business Strategy through implementing requirements and prototypes which are rooted in a deep understanding of the customer experience and which bridge product gaps. Contribute new ideas which improve customer experience, thereby contributing to growth of customers and market share
• Signs off on User Stories before going into development and before being promoted to production
• Ensures the backlog contains well defined user stories and that the format of stories are consistent
• Work across the M&G enterprise to build an amazing customer experience while satisfying the needs of internal marketing, compliance and development teams delivering myM&G assets
• Support the Product Manager in generating buy-in for the product vision internally and engage closely with key external partners to build effective partnerships to provide the highest quality customer service and delivery
• Embrace and drive rapid, customer-centric, solution delivery across all functions, both internally and externally and at optimal resource levels
• Ensure the service conforms to the highest standards of financial compliance, operational risk control, data security and data protection, ideally with awareness of emerging GDPR legislation
• Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact, especially ensuring appropriate balance between addressing operational issues (under the service and migrate agenda) and delivery of change (under acquisition agenda)
• Support the Business Head and Product Manager in product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding internally and externally across all contributors and partners
• Represent the company by engaging with selective customers to solicit feedback on company products and services in collaboration with Product Designer
• Openly engage and support cross-product development and positioning for the firm’s wider strategy, and strive to harmonise with D2C strategic objectives
Requirements and Experience
• Proven work experience with responsibility for product development or as a deputy product owner or manager
• Strong technical basis, hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• High commercial awareness, potentially of the D2C space
• Knowledge of the Investing or Fund Management Sector advantageous
• Proven track record of delivering successful products, ideally through lifecycle
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to become directly involved to ensure the job gets done
• Ideally experienced at working in an Agile environment and at a minimum, with cross-functional teams in a highly matrix organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.