We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
In September 2017, M&G launched a direct online service (“myM&G”) to existing retail customers. It offers a wide range of M&G retail funds in an attractive, efficient proposition which affords people greater control over their holdings and investment choices. The service is evolving as customers continue to migrate their holdings from an offline service to the online one.
To support our customer needs and to underpin the strategic commercial objectives of this business, we seek a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the successful development and delivery of the proposition in all regards.
• Owner of the Product Roadmap and its strategic direction, ensuring all other roadmaps (marketing, operations, etc.) have been considered and integrated.
• Works closely with Product Owner to ensure strategic and operational objectives are being met.
• Works with Product Designer to ensure he/she has what they need to deliver a high quality Product Backlog.
• Signs off on the scope for each release.
• Works closely with Delivery Lead, Programme Manager, Vendors and key stakeholders.
• Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience, drive growth and grow market share.
• Ensure product design is aligned to strategic business objectives by working closely with the Head of D2C and the Product Owner, the Product Designer and the Customer Service Specialist.
• Ensure near term operational improvements are appropriately prioritised and implemented to support the demands of new business growth as the business strategy requires.
• Build an amazing consumer experience while satisfying the needs of the internal marketing, and development teams delivering myM&G products.
• Generate buy-in for the product vision internally and with key external partners.
• Develop product pricing and positioning strategies and work directly with Marketing to drive AUM to the service while delivering very high levels of customer satisfaction across all elements of the service including external partners.
• Ensure the product conforms to the highest standards of financial compliance, operational risk control and mitigation, data security and data protection, ideally with awareness of emerging GDPR legislation.
• Work closely with the Head of D2C Business to realise product strategy by translating into detailed requirements and prototypes
• Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
• Work closely with technical teams to deliver rapid solutions with optimal resource levels especially when of benefit to the customer
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding beyond the D2C teams and to provide strong leadership and direction within D2C
• Represent the company by engaging with selective customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
• Engage and support cross-product development and positioning towards the firm’s wider strategy
Requirements and Experience
• Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
• Experience in the Direct space
• High commercial awareness, especially in the D2C context
• Knowledge of the Financial Services Sector
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Technical awareness, ideally with a background of understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to become directly involved to ensure the job gets done
• The successful candidate will be skilled at working effectively within an Agile environment and at a minimum, with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.