Cylinder Asset Controller - Home Based
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The Operations department at Calor Gas have an exciting opportunity and are looking for a Cylinder Asset Controller who will be field based. You will primarily focus on the maintenance and control of cylinder stocks in order to support efforts to make significant savings in capex and costs and equally importantly to secure cylinder revenue enhancement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Dealer stocks are closely managed with surplus stocks recovered in a systematic way.
- Set network stock count programme and manage 3rd party contractor relationships to ensure maximum value achieved from stock counts.
- Work closely with Calor Centre Managers to ensure agreed yard stock levels maintained.
- Work closely with Calor Centre Managers to identify and retrieve surplus cylinder stock held by both CC Retailers and commercial customers.
- Set up systemised test purchase schedule, liaise with 3rd party test purchasers and monitor results to ensure network cylinder policy compliance
- Work closely with cylinder collection agencies to ensure most cost effective collection of cylinders. Manage agency relationships and ensure compliance with Calor cylinder policies.
- Work closely with Calor Centre Managers and plant managers to develop and maintain real time stock visibility through E1.Support locations to ensure cycle count variances are minimised.
- Ensure stock management systems are successfully introduced and subsequently adhered to across the Country offering on site support and training as required
- Develop cross functional multi industry networks internally and externally to Calor to utilise them fully
As such we would like you to:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in front line sales and/or operational management role
- Extensive experience within an operational and/or commercial management capacity
- Extensive knowledge of cylinder markets - applications, products, market and competitor awareness
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing conflicting priorities with skill and diplomacy
- Computer literate, possessing an in-depth understanding of cylinder business systems and customer-facing processes
- Excellent planning and self organisation skills essential
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving and working on own initiative
- Be able to work and co-operate as part of a team, assisting and supporting colleagues and other departments as required
- Translate strategic requirements into relevant plans/activities
- Drive change by engaging people in the purpose of the journey
- Set high behavioural and performance standards
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.