Our client is currently seeking an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in the community.
Cycle Mechanic - Social Enterprise Worker
Job type: Temporary (6 months)
Full time 37.5 hrs a week (5 days a week including Saturdays)
Salary: £16,000 - £17,000 pa
Milton Keynes, MK12
Our client is a social enterprise whose mission is to save unwanted bikes, save the environment and help get people on their bikes. They achieve this with the support of young people looking for an alternative path towards qualifications and employment. In addition to their work recycling, repairing and servicing bikes we have been awarded a large contract to maintain bikes for the new Milton Keynes’ public bike rental scheme and are also expanding their community engagement services to encourage more people to get on their bikes.
The purpose of this post is to work with and train young people on the pre-apprenticeship programme to:
- Source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
- Service, repair and relocate rental bikes (involves driving a small van)
- Develop community activities that promote access to cycling
- Be an enterprising cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
- Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
- Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
- A passion for cycling and the environment
- Have strong administrative skills
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
- A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
- Hold a current driving license and be able to drive a small van
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Monday 30 April 2018
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to the employer.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
No agencies please.
- Community Support
- Administrative Skills
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Cycle Maintenance